Hacking SUPERCARD DSTWO not recognized on 3DS but is on DSL

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
i had some weirdness just today but kinda the opposite- 3ds yes and dsixl no.
i updated my dsixl last night to access the dsi shop (for shantae for my wife- didnt get it cuz the stupid 'dsi points' system can suck my ballz).
anyhow, when i fired up my dstwo in the xl today at work it was 'an error has occurred...'
when i got home, i tossed it in my 3ds, and bam it works. back to xl, and 'error'.

long story short- somehow the system1.dat was a 0kb file.
i replaced that fukker with a new file and all is good.

CrvyloOo

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I have noticed it was rather hard to get the dstwo in and out of the 3ds… when the new one comes, and if it still does this, ill see if there is something I can do.
I've noticed this as well.

i had some weirdness just today but kinda the opposite- 3ds yes and dsixl no.
i updated my dsixl last night to access the dsi shop (for shantae for my wife- didnt get it cuz the stupid 'dsi points' system can suck my ballz).
anyhow, when i fired up my dstwo in the xl today at work it was 'an error has occurred...'
when i got home, i tossed it in my 3ds, and bam it works. back to xl, and 'error'.

long story short- somehow the system1.dat was a 0kb file.
i replaced that fukker with a new file and all is good.

Does anything look out of place in my _dstwo folder?

dingus.png

CrvyloOo

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So I followed literally every step of this thread here on the official SuperCard site:
http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-11147-1-1.html
And I got nothing. So it must mean I have a defective unit. Any user that has this problem, I advise that they do everything here as well. Looks like I will have to get a new cart, anyone ever buy from zhuzhuchina before? They haven't answered my support claim yet.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
assuming it isn't a clone, as no images of the pcb have been provided, and assuming its fully and correctly updated, it can't be defective if its working on the ds lite. so many people are experiencing issues only on the 3ds which points to a contact issue.

the same type of problem happened with the ak2i when we moved up to the dsi and the ak2i altered its design. it no longer was a snug fit which caused many contact issues. i've received similar messages on my xl when my ak2i had bad contact. i've also received similar messages when using the "paper trick" while pushing the contacts to close to the slot-1 pins.

from what i've read it seems the ds2 is a very tight fit, i may be putting to much pressure on the contacts causing some point to not make the correct contact. It also seems that this might be a problem of a recent batch, which is why i'm curious to see images of the PCB. it is fully possible that the ds2 has been cloned and no one knows it. it isn't like this hasn't happened before with other flash kits.

-another world

CrvyloOo

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
assuming it isn't a clone, as no images of the pcb have been provided, and assuming its fully and correctly updated, it can't be defective if its working on the ds lite. so many people are experiencing issues only on the 3ds which points to a contact issue.

the same type of problem happened with the ak2i when we moved up to the dsi and the ak2i altered its design. it no longer was a snug fit which caused many contact issues. i've received similar messages on my xl when my ak2i had bad contact. i've also received similar messages when using the "paper trick" while pushing the contacts to close to the slot-1 pins.

from what i've read it seems the ds2 is a very tight fit, i may be putting to much pressure on the contacts causing some point to not make the correct contact. It also seems that this might be a problem of a recent batch, which is why i'm curious to see images of the PCB. it is fully possible that the ds2 has been cloned and no one knows it. it isn't like this hasn't happened before with other flash kits.

-another world

I would take a picture of the PCB if you can tell me how. Also I bought this cart from the same place I got my previous SuperCard DSTWO, and that one worked great.

CrvyloOo

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

-another world

CAM00150.jpgCAM00149.jpg
Well here they are.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
On the reverse, my V is 101012 and the DC is 1047 (I've had mine for a while, it's a GBAtemp edition). Mine works of course.

So let's wait for other people to compile theirs, working and non, to see if it's some sort of date issue? Because I can't spot and major differences between yours and mine other than some model/version numbers.

EDIT: Wait. Took some pics and then noticed the wording on the chips, mine's Taiwan and yours is China, might be other differences as well.

P1020219.JPG P1020222.JPG

CrvyloOo

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Another difference is the yellow smudge on the Winbond chip/thingy below the Actel chip.

Found this on the SC forums, don't know if any of it works:

I think the smudge is just adhesive to keep the sticker on, and I just mentioned that link a few posts up as well.
So I followed literally every step of this thread here on the official SuperCard site:
And I got nothing. So it must mean I have a defective unit. Any user that has this problem, I advise that they do everything here as well. Looks like I will have to get a new cart, anyone ever buy from zhuzhuchina before? They haven't answered my support claim yet.

lordgoober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had the issue on my 3ds as well. if you hold the card down SLIGHTLY as you boot it, it should boot then you can release the pressure.

CrvyloOo

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've had the issue on my 3ds as well. if you hold the card down SLIGHTLY as you boot it, it should boot then you can release the pressure.
Someone mentioned this in another thread, and I've tried it multiple times. I either can't get the amount of pressure right, or it flat out doesn't work for me.
As of now the only thing that has gotten it to boot a few times, is mashing A after initially pressing A to choose the game. Thought it did boot fine only twice ever without anything influencing it.

apretz

wat
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having a similar problem with my DSTwo from RHS. I posted about it over a month ago: http://gbatemp.net/threads/supercard-only-works-as-soon-as-3ds-turns-on.338666/#post-4471912 It would only boot if I mashed A while the 3ds booted with the card in it, and even then it only worked sometimes. Recently it stopped working altogether: I get the error screen every time. I'm still on 3DS firmware 4.4.0.

RHS is sending me a replacement for my current card. I'll post pictures of the PCBs of both cards.

Reactions: chavosaur

CrvyloOo

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been having a similar problem with my DSTwo from RHS. I posted about it over a month ago: http://gbatemp.net/threads/supercard-only-works-as-soon-as-3ds-turns-on.338666/#post-4471912 It would only boot if I mashed A while the 3ds booted with the card in it, and even then it only worked sometimes. Recently it stopped working altogether: I get the error screen every time. I'm still on 3DS firmware 4.4.0.

RHS is sending me a replacement for my current card. I'll post pictures of the PCBs of both cards.
You didn't have to send your broken one back?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over