SuperCard Ds1 (Crap??_)

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by shanti.vt1, Jan 19, 2007.

Jan 19, 2007

SuperCard Ds1 (Crap??_) by shanti.vt1 at 12:09 AM (4,168 Views / 0 Likes) 38 replies

1. shanti.vt1
    OP

Newcomer shanti.vt1 Advanced Member

Canada
    Had a supercard ds 1 for about 1 month, hate, most games don't seem to work with my sandisk 512. Just got a RDS and everything I have put at it has worked. My question is should I hang on too it until a better firmware is released or just sell it.

thanks

2. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    The supercard team should fix the firmware eventually so the supercard works as well as the rest. I've always swarn by supercard and had the supercard SD since it first came out. I've also had the mini and the lite. This time I decided to buy the R4 because it was more compatable and I prefered the save on it (No messing around to find out the save type on new games).

The R4 was cheaper as well, the main reason I got the supercard slot 2 in the first place. This time I feel like the supercard team are relying on the fans of their slot 2 product to buy the slot 1 card.

3. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    An answer to my prayers! I've been looking to buy a used SupercardDSone... [​IMG]

4. 5uck3rpunch

Member 5uck3rpunch Surf Monster!

United States
    Well, there ya go!

5. kenfrenzy

Newcomer kenfrenzy Advanced Member

United States
    Let's put it this way... you're saying that it sucks, and you wanna sell it, which probably means you'll probably take a loss on it.

OR

You could keep it, see if it gets better. If it does, then you get to have a better card to use. If you're still happy with the r4, you can still sell the scds, but it'll be better, which should increase the resale value.

6. peepoop

Newcomer peepoop Member

United States
    What do the others do that the SCDS doesn't? What's broken?

7. shanti.vt1
    OP

Newcomer shanti.vt1 Advanced Member

Canada
    The main problem is with the Microsd cards, not reading the correct speed, roms not loading!!!

8. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    yea.i have a 512 micro sd (sandisk)and everything works fine though. soon im upgrading to a 1gb though. maybe its ur brand. wats the brand ur using

9. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    he just said it was a sandisk

10. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Yeah, if you check the comparison chart on GBATemp's review of the SCDS(One) you'll find that the Sandisk 512 pretty much sucks. On the bright side, you can use that chart to buy a new, more compatible one! [​IMG]

11. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    shanti.vt1, ur SD card is crap, not the SCDS. Mine has run everything flawlessly. [​IMG]

12. aslacker55

Member aslacker55 I like pie

United States
    If you want the SCDS to run all the games good, you are gonna have to get a SD-CO1G made in japan micro sd ( kingston, toshiba, or PNY).

13. cgrieves

Newcomer cgrieves Newbie

United Kingdom
    Just to manage expectations here, I have a genuine Tosh SC-C01G, works fine in a PC with good benchmarks, but it won't even boot in my SC-DS1. A Sandisk 512 non ultra works, but with a lot of slowdown.

I have no idea if there's variability in individual Supercards, in the MicroSDs, or what..... All I know is that the two don't work together. The Tosh works 100% fine in my R4DS.

Your mileage may vary, but bear in mind that there seem to be no guarantees with the DS1.....

14. supercard_lover

Newcomer supercard_lover Member

United States
    I have an scdsone and I would highly reccomend it to anyone. I think it's an absolutely fantastic card. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. antwill

Member antwill Better Than You

Australia
    What an appropriate username then supercard_lover, I too have a SC One or a scone as they are often called. Its great, works like a charm and best of it was alot cheaper than buying an R4 at the time.

16. khan

Member khan GBAtemp Maniac

Pakistan
    I used to love Supercard brand when i heard and saw all the SCDS crap then i decided to go with R4DS and i dont regret for a second as i could not imag myself entering savetypes for every new games [​IMG]

Don't get me wrong i used to own SCCF and still own SCLite but apart from sexy GUI card is pretty rubbish (in my opion).

Speaking of SCDS GUI *hoping someone hacks SCDS firmware so we can use on SCLite*

17. TLSpartan

Australia
    you dont have to enter savetypes for games. they have a saver file database. im gettin one of my 2 1gb kngston micro sds this saturday. hurrah.

P.S i have had a 512 mb microsd and have only had two problems. videoplayback and starfox command doesnt work. othere then that its great

18. dOoBiX

Banned dOoBiX Banned

United States
    I exchanged my (broken) SCDS for a R4DS [​IMG] ...and I do not regret it!

19. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    get a r4ds CLOSE THREAD

20. TLSpartan

Australia
    does the R4 have good homebrew compatibility beacuse the SC-ONE does