Hacking SuperCard Ds1 (Crap??_)

shanti.vt1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Had a supercard ds 1 for about 1 month, hate, most games don't seem to work with my sandisk 512. Just got a RDS and everything I have put at it has worked. My question is should I hang on too it until a better firmware is released or just sell it.

thanks

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The supercard team should fix the firmware eventually so the supercard works as well as the rest. I've always swarn by supercard and had the supercard SD since it first came out. I've also had the mini and the lite. This time I decided to buy the R4 because it was more compatable and I prefered the save on it (No messing around to find out the save type on new games).

The R4 was cheaper as well, the main reason I got the supercard slot 2 in the first place. This time I feel like the supercard team are relying on the fans of their slot 2 product to buy the slot 1 card.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An answer to my prayers! I've been looking to buy a used SupercardDSone...
happy.gif

kenfrenzy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let's put it this way... you're saying that it sucks, and you wanna sell it, which probably means you'll probably take a loss on it.

OR

You could keep it, see if it gets better. If it does, then you get to have a better card to use. If you're still happy with the r4, you can still sell the scds, but it'll be better, which should increase the resale value.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
yea.i have a 512 micro sd (sandisk)and everything works fine though. soon im upgrading to a 1gb though. maybe its ur brand. wats the brand ur using

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, if you check the comparison chart on GBATemp's review of the SCDS(One) you'll find that the Sandisk 512 pretty much sucks. On the bright side, you can use that chart to buy a new, more compatible one!
happy.gif

cgrieves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want the SCDS to run all the games good, you are gonna have to get a SD-CO1G made in japan micro sd ( kingston, toshiba, or PNY).

Just to manage expectations here, I have a genuine Tosh SC-C01G, works fine in a PC with good benchmarks, but it won't even boot in my SC-DS1. A Sandisk 512 non ultra works, but with a lot of slowdown.

I have no idea if there's variability in individual Supercards, in the MicroSDs, or what..... All I know is that the two don't work together. The Tosh works 100% fine in my R4DS.

Your mileage may vary, but bear in mind that there seem to be no guarantees with the DS1.....

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What an appropriate username then supercard_lover, I too have a SC One or a scone as they are often called. Its great, works like a charm and best of it was alot cheaper than buying an R4 at the time.

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
I used to love Supercard brand when i heard and saw all the SCDS crap then i decided to go with R4DS and i dont regret for a second as i could not imag myself entering savetypes for every new games
shy.gif

Don't get me wrong i used to own SCCF and still own SCLite but apart from sexy GUI card is pretty rubbish (in my opion).

Speaking of SCDS GUI *hoping someone hacks SCDS firmware so we can use on SCLite*

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
you dont have to enter savetypes for games. they have a saver file database. im gettin one of my 2 1gb kngston micro sds this saturday. hurrah.

P.S i have had a 512 mb microsd and have only had two problems. videoplayback and starfox command doesnt work. othere then that its great

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: