Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
get a r4ds CLOSE THREAD

No, stop being a cheap bastard and spring for a DECENT microsd so you'll be able to enjoy ur SC.
yaynds.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want the SCDS to run all the games good, you are gonna have to get a SD-CO1G made in japan micro sd ( kingston, toshiba, or PNY).

This is the exact reason I went with an R4DS instead of a SCDS. I can't be arsed to hunt down the fastest (and likely most expensive) SD card just so it will function correctly. Besides, RHS has been out of stock on SCDS's and I wanted a slot 1 card NOW.

My R4DS should show up today or tomorrow. My 2gig Transcend microSD should show up today from Newegg.

zatelli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
In regards to topic's starter problem with the SC DS, I advise SC DS1 owners in general to:
1- Disable patching mode because I believe it's the source of your problems.
2- Sandisk should work fine with most games, but I would advise you to uograde to a better card: Kingston / Toshiba , but make sure the card your want to purchase is made in Japan, mine has the following serial : SC-C01G.
I'm quite sure you should have much less problems if you run your roms in clean mode, even with a sandisk.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
take that r4 homebrew compatibility
tongue.gif

p.s. i started downloading something and my computer stuffed up for a second, sorry

reilina

just a neophyte...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
This is the exact reason I went with an R4DS instead of a SCDS. I can't be arsed to hunt down the fastest (and likely most expensive) SD card just so it will function correctly. Besides, RHS has been out of stock on SCDS's and I wanted a slot 1 card NOW.

My R4DS should show up today or tomorrow. My 2gig Transcend microSD should show up today from Newegg.

you still going to have problems as long as your card is slow any slot1 device that has a microSD needs a good, fast card.

one good example is castlevania:Por for this game u nid a kingston/toshiba/PNY that are made in japan or else
the game will crash and this happens to R4,M3S,SCDS

DShunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A word of advise if you are planing to use a 2GB MicroSD don't expect it to have good performance, they are generally slower in reading compared to 1GB or 512GB ones due to their larger capacity size. For best performance use a Japan made 512/1GB McroSD preferabble from either Kingston or Toshiba, Im using the latter and its MUCH more better in performance and speed then my formal 512MB Taiwan card.

snipermonkeyy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
they dont have any firmware upgrades though.there slack on the updates

Yeah man!!! That frickin s*** annoys me! They release updates slower than a tortoise doused in Guinness! All they do is release an idiotic revision with nice packaging, and the DS One is still crappy with non-Japanese cards, and their version of Moonshell needs updating, and patch mode runs slower than normal mode, and goddammit, I just sometimes hella wish I had bought an M3!
hate2.gif

But I'm glad they make you choose the saver size for the Supercard, cuz I heard the R4 and M3 just use the largest save size automatically, making it less work for the users, but eating up memory. It's not too bad looking up the saver size yourself.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

you still going to have problems as long as your card is slow any slot1 device that has a microSD needs a good, fast card.

one good example is castlevania:Por for this game u nid a kingston/toshiba/PNY that are made in japan or else
the game will crash and this happens to R4,M3S,SCDS

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think people generally prefer the R4 because it works well with most memory cards. As 754boy said:
754boy said:
No, stop being a cheap bastard and spring for a DECENT microsd so you'll be able to enjoy ur SC.
Well isn't it just easier to buy an R4 so you don't have to hunt down a specific type of memory card each time you want an upgrade to your memory?

- Sam

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-