Gaming Super.Street.Fighter.II.The.New.Challengers.PAL.MD.VC.Wii-TsFiiSO

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey.. I installed others just fine but this got 1020: Wad Install Error. No, I am not newbie. I am an experience. Anybody have problem with this ? I think its bad dump according to:

Most likely missing trucha sign if you downgraded. Other issues are Out of date IOS or bad/incorrect wad. Memory might be full.

I am on 3.2u and most wad works fine including zelda skyward sword. What's wrong ?

EDIT: Must be a bad dump??

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
An..."experiencer"? That's a new one.

Either way...check out which IOS the game is using (alas...it is not on this page) and make sure that one is properly updated. Sorry, but "most wads work fine" isn't exactly helpful. Especially since Zelda Skyward sword isn't a wad to begin with.

Second...for someone who's not a newbie, you seem to be missing the obvious: "Memory might be full." may actually mean "Memory might be full.".

I'd say "go check if you have enough free blocks on your wii"...but I don't. Because frankly, installing wads that are potentially bad can just as well cause you a banner brick. It's better to create an emunand, install the wad on that, and use mighty channels or postloader to attempt to run it. This nets 3 advantages:
1. no more memory space issues, assuming you've got a decent-sized hard drive
2. no more potential bricksituations (okay, okay...if you had priiloader, you were never really in danger. But still...)
3. you can choose which IOS to run said game. Which can mean a bit of trial-and-error in case the default IOS doesn't work and you try a couple others, but it generally works out.

All in all, I think you're WAY too early with your conclusion on a bad dump. In fact, I'd compare it to complaining that your car is broken down...because you misread the warning sign next to the fuel meter.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replying. I forgot to use the quick edit for experiencer as typo because I hit an "r" at the end by mistake. Sorry about that.

I am aware that Zelda Skyward isnt a wad but I just added to confirm you that it works just fine on my 3.2u. I have the latest cIOS files -- a year ago if I remember correctly. By the way, I played the latest Megaman 9 and 10 wad files and I dont have a problem.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for the replying. I forgot to use the quick edit for experiencer as typo because I hit an "r" at the end by mistake. Sorry about that.
No problem. However, I hope you don't mind me laughing, because "I am an experience" probably wasn't what you wanted to say either. :rofl:

Ahem...on a more serious note...the firmware for the wii DOES NOT MATTER. Games don't need it, and if they claim different, they're wrong*. All that matter is whether the correct IOS is used to play the game, and to have a decent cIOS to be able install it.

What program are you using to attempt to install the thing, anyway?

I have the latest cIOS files -- a year ago if I remember correctly.
A year ago? In other words: you don't have the latest cIOS installed. No offense, but it's those kind of assumptions that'll make things just harder.
On the plus side: it probably won't make much of a difference: installing a wad hasn't changed much (or at all?) between revisions. But if you're looking into using mighty channels or postloader, I'd go with the actual latest cIOS'es (linky to modmii...that's a PC program that'll get everything you need).

*Zelda Skyward sword is one of those: upon starting, it checks the IOS'es, and if it finds that it has more recent IOS'es than what's on your wii, it'll claim that an update is "required in order to play". Since you play it on 3.2, that'll most likely mean you have priiloader or that other program (starpatch?) to get around that update check.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL! Go ahead and laugh at me. I don't mind. :P

Yeah, I am using starpatch. Anyway, for modmii.. I have seen it before. I am not sure which options should I go with for this wad file before I install on my Wii's homebrew.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This should really be in the Wii Hacking Forum, but anyway... Let's do this right...

Read this carefully and pay attention!:
- Get Syscheck GX from ModMii (Download Page 2)
- do a system check with SysCheck GX on your wii console
- run ModMii on your computer and select the syscheck update wizard
- when asked, drag and drop syscheck.csv from the root of your SD Card to ModMii. then press enter
- if there are any updates needed, continue
- copy files to sd card
- install wads with Multi-Mod Manager
- DONE!
Don't forget to set IOS in MMM to IOS236/36
or it won't install anything.

Once you've done that, run HackMii Installer (ModMii, Download Page 2) and re-install HBC 1.1.0 to enable loading from IOS58, instead of IOS61.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TsFiiso didnt trucha sign the .tik file, tsk tsk lol

easy fixed, just run the wad through something like wwpacker

drag the .wad onto _wwpacker-JustSign.bat and it will spit out a wad that will install fine.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@LWare87

Thanks but I think that stev418'sinstruction make things easier. I appreciate your trying to help anyway. :P

@stev418

No wonder.. Thank you! Finally! :D

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm having the same problem, and i have trucha signed the WAD,

Running on a 4,2e (1020: Wad Install Error)... maybe IOS issues,

Not IOS issues at all.. You need MakeKeyBin. Yes, you will need to google it. WWPacker will require a Key file to run correctly. Use this program to create one. You will get two files, key.bin and kkey.bin
Delete the kkey.bin. Rename the key.bin file to common-key.bin. Put common-key.bin into your WWPacker folder. That's simple.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o