Diddy_Kong

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty complicated, but Rumble was the original Super Smash Bros. DS game. A year after Rumble was created, a bunch of members split and made their own game, Clash, for a few complicated reasons that I am not going to get into here. We tried to merge again but we are just too different now (the main obstacle is that both games are coded in different languages...).

Diddy_Kong

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
roice2000 said:
is that version playable??? the other version of this game were crap

Thanks for your support... :|
This version has attacks and the cpu can attack back, so I would say that it is playable. Read the first post for a full list of features. You can hit the enemy off of the stage and it counts as a death. The enemies can hit you off as well. Therefore, it is technically playable. Would you sit down and play it for hours on end? Not yet...but this is only demo 0.8. By demo 1, you should enjoy it a lot more.

bluebowser31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait, WTF?!?!?
DIFFERENT LANGUAGES 0.e

i thought that everyone used devkipt pro's language... now im even more lost
frown.gif

oh, and i support both clash and rumble
smile.gif
both seem great, i just wished u guys haddent broken (would have gotten done faster)
oh well, now we can have 2x the content!

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario92 said:
dan80315 said:
This is freakin' great.

One problem though is that the game's folder "data" is shared by other homebrew apps that are also in the root of my SD card. It'd be great if he changed it to something else like rumbledata or something of that sort. Please pass this on as I'm sure it would be of great help.

Good job on this beta.
Hmm.. I also have several homebrew which uses data folder but they all use subfolder (like SSBR) so thats actually good
unsure.gif

I hate when every homebrew has it own folder on root...
Good point. But what happens when those two homebrew use the same subfolder? (Hey, it can happen
ohnoes.png
)

Anyway, is it me or does this not have sound? (0.8)

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
dan80315 said:
Good point. But what happens when those two homebrew use the same subfolder? (Hey, it can happen
ohnoes.png
)

Anyway, is it me or does this not have sound? (0.8)
There are already 3 SSB projects. Clash doesnt use external folders unless using sounds and Crash uses dumbly just /SSBDS folder so its minor change any other homebrew would use /data/SSBR folder?
wink.gif

I don't think they have included sounds in 0.8 yet.

cod4r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluebowser31 said:
wait, WTF?!?!?
DIFFERENT LANGUAGES 0.e

i thought that everyone used devkipt pro's language... now im even more lost
frown.gif

oh, and i support both clash and rumble
smile.gif
both seem great, i just wished u guys haddent broken (would have gotten done faster)
oh well, now we can have 2x the content!

You're confusing yourself. Libraries =/= Language.

Now the core differences between the two games are that Rumble is coded in C with the PAlib library while Clash is coded in C++ with libnds.

Diddy_Kong

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As the first post foretold, here is an updated version of the demo. It allows the player to select the stage builder stages in the Custom Stage Select and play on them.

A few things to note:

In the stage builder, when you first build your stage, click the "new" button, not the staticy icon. If you click on the static first and then build a stage and save it, it will not work when you try to load it.

There was also a stock mode added...just because... tap the word "time" to change to stock and you can select how much stock to play with.

When selecting a custom stage in the custom stage select, tap the word to select it (it appears as though nothing happens) and then press A to start the match.

Here is a download since I can not edit the first post...
http://www.mediafire.com/?yg2ojyyjm02

BlazeShaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ssbrumble.info
XP
Country
I have updated the first page with download links and the extra information.
Please make sure that you visit us at our forums, and maybe even help out with the game's creation, or just be part of the community!

Mikehoncho16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coolness said:
I Like it to much
but it don`t load on my Acekard 2i akaio 1.7
Do you have all of the files including the .INI file in the root? Everything including the game needs to be in the root.

kirby145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you won't care about a cease and desist from Nintendo I take it.

There were two options really, and other smash bros. DS developers seemed to have chosen yours.
1. Develop the game and release a finished version.
2. Release pre versions of the game to show what you are doing and then get C&D from Nintendo.

Praxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see any mention of directional influence, hitstun, cancels, combos...
Out of curiosity, are you guys just trying to build a button masher with Nintendo characters and a similar control scheme, or something with mechanics that actually resemble that of Smash Bros?

Diddy_Kong

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@C&D: It is highly unlikely that we will get one, and if we do, then so be it. It's better to get user feedback early on so that we can fix any problems when they come up rather than fixing them all at once when we are about to release the final version.

@Brawl Mechanics: I am a very serious Brawl player. I know all about the Directional Influence, Canceling, Meteor Smashing, Gimping, Chain Grabbing, etc that make hardcore brawl so great. We will chose to leave out certain mechanics, such as Chain Grabbing (since they annoy everyone EXCEPT the one using them >_>) and other things that make characters unbalanced. We will definitely have DI, hitstun, light jumps (by tapping the jump button, you don't jump as high as you would if you had held it) and other necessary mechanics. We want to eliminate tiers, though, and balance every character. In Brawl, barely anyone uses Captain Falcon, Ganondorf and Bowser anymore because they are low tier, so we want to avoid this. We may have to purposefully exclude some mechanics from some characters for better balance, but we will keep it as accurate to Brawl as possible.

Sho Minamimoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys

Just wanted to say well done as this was one of the first homebrews I really got into. I got into a clash but realised that their version was just like a tech demo and not an actual game. Hope this game gets finished. This and Zelda: Oracle of Past look just brilliant.

Live long and prosper

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol