Gaming Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Discussion

xieu_long

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Who cares what IGN thinks. You guys see the vids of them playing? They r noobs. If I played that badly, I'd be embarassed to post any of those vids.

poke50uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Super-Smash-Bros-Bra...1QQcmdZViewItem

£125 for a real copy on eBay O_O
mines coming next week....
if this rip is successful...

profit
happy.gif

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
it does kinda feel like melee 1.5. I have yet to play the SSE im hoping thats good. It feels very much like melee, but with new levels, items and some new characters.

doesnt exactly mean its a bad thing, its just not the huge step up i thought it would be.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CREDIT GOES TO OoNoiRoO FROM SMASHBOARDS. These are techniques for who may want to learn somewhat advance techniques in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
QUOTE(OoNoiRoO;3823169) said:
Well, as some of you may know, I have my own copy of SSBBrawl in my hands.

I have been trying to find as many advances techniques, and so far I think I have been quite successful given having the game for only 2 days.

If anyone wishes to contribute, then I'd be more than happy to accept.

Here are the things I have found out so far...

Gameplay Mechanics

List of notable things
- No one can DJC
- Analog Shielding is out(Must press L/R all the way down)
- JC grabs are out
- Dash dance is very very small*
- L-canceling out*
- CCing out*
- Peach cannot float cancel
- Tripping seems entirely random (when initiating a dash)
- You cannot cancel your dash with crouch

The biggest one so far is probably

Fox Trotting and Pivoting. (not entirely new but...)

VIDEOS:
(Marth) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x8wygkxDyI
(Wolf testing) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-tBzYAaGu0

Separate thread:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=140723

This is the brawl alternative for dash dancing. You can also smash attack out of a dash.

Fox trotting is using the initial dash movement continuously to move. It is possible in Brawl.

To do so, you must wait till the end of the dashing animation, then dash again.

In Brawl, you can only do this in one direction. To change directions, you must dash dance.

Every character can dash dance, but only with the initial frames of a starting dash. Because fox trotting uses the starting dash continuously, at the beginning of each "trot", you can initiate a dash dance. You can use this dash dance to change the direction of your fox trot fluidly.

You can also cancel the initial frames of a dash(in the range of what you can dash dance) with an Up Smash, Forward Smash(both ways, shown), Forward B(both ways), Down smash, and down tilt. I'm not sure how to get a down tilt though, as it has come out randomly. Quite possibly other normals are cancelable, but the dash dance makes that impossible to hard.

You can also run one way and immediately dash attack the other way with this.

Possibly the dash dance alternative to brawl?

(a better / clearer explaination would be nice lol, I suck)

Confirmation of no L-Canceling

L-canceling does not exist in Brawl. Simply put, Lag from landing with an aerial attack is determined on what aerial you land with.

EX: Landing with Mario's Fair has decent amount of lag, but landing with a Bair gets almost no lag at all.

Landing from an aerial during it's early frames will sometimes get no lag, depending on the move(usually slow start up ones).

EX: Landing right as you being Peach's Fair will get you no lag, as opposed to landing in the middle of it. Same thing with Kirby's drill.

Confirmation of no Crouch Canceling

VIDEO:
(Marth and Sheik) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyHqbpfJ7lY

One hand I simply do marth's jab A, and in the other hand I try to CC and attack back with Dtilt.

Simply put, crouching does not cancel hit stun.

The last part of the video shows that marth's second jab stuffs the attempted Dtilt after trying to CC the first hit.

Knockback is the same if I hold down or if I don't.

Jump back towards

VIDEO:
(Utilizing Mario's Bair)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC3W_AxqxSE

Not entirely advanced, but...

Because of the new game mechanics in Brawl, you can run forward, turn around, and jump, making your character keep your forward jumping momentum while facing the other way.

Simply Run forward, then turn around and jump at the same time. Then hold the direction you were running toward.

This feels like a very important technique, as many characters have very good Back aerials, but bad or decent Neutral airs or forward airs.

This was possible in melee, but your momentum was slowed down. Not entirely "advance", but very useful.

GIF examples of jump back toward (video from me, GIFs made by Crispy4001)

Seen in the following GIFs is Toon Link running toward Ganondorf and then approaching him with multiple back airs while still moving toward the enemy.

safariscreensnapz00701ek2.gif

safariscreensnapz00901hc1.gif

Gliding

To glide, you hold the jump button after your character's second or more jump(assuming the character can glide of course).

You can control the direction of you glide with up or down, but only toward the direction of your glide. If you go up, you will gradually lose speed, but gain altitude. Vice versa for going downward(common sense, right?)

If you direct your glide straight upwards, your glide will cancel. The most downward angle of a glide is around

Any time during the glide, you can press jump to cancel it or A to attack out of it. The gliding A attack is unique and not any of the character's regular aerials.

If your character has a remaining jump after canceling gliding midair, you will be able to do another action after canceling your glide in both ways. This includes using the remaining jump(s). You cannot glide again until you touch the ground EXCEPT for Metaknight, as his up B allows him to glide again.

If your character does not have any remaining jumps after canceling a glide midair, you will enter a falling state.

If you land on the ground while gliding, you will be in a knocked down state.

To avoid this, press jump or A to cancel your glide right before you touch the ground. There will be no landing lag at all.

I feel as if I'm missing something. I'll edit it later if something comes up.

Character specifics

Ice Climbers Desync

VIDEO:
(Ice Climbers desync) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsmjtD9E2gg

Desyncing with ICs in Brawl. Simply dash dance back and forth once, then do an action. Nana should be recovering from a dash as you do an attack. Then you should be desynced.

Falco's SHL

VIDEO:
(FALCO[obviously]) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZqxOGlNErg

Falco's SHL in Brawl. You must delay it or both lasers will go overhead(second one hits ganondorf in the forehead).

Oh, also an important note, you cannot influence your aerial direction nor fastfall while shooting lasers.

Luigi's damaging taunt.

VIDEO:
(Luigi) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlHpH3QYvUY

Luigi's taunt is back. The video shows that the move has set knockback.

More to come soon ^__^ Enjoy for now.

Hurrah. Combos are still not that hard.
biggrin.gif

lordkieranos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So Whats The Deal With The Crazy Mellee balls That Float Around the stages at certain points???????????

Was fighting against bowser and he got big like a house, hah, but seriously any thoughts

ffsmovieit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,
I have this game working fine and all except i can't connect to anyone online....I've tried several times.....Can anyone give me some help as to why this could be?

Could it be because i can only connect to other PAL users because we're stuck on 50HZ?

I really have no clue....

Help appreciated.

lordkieranos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Really, that sux, u got a link 2 that little gem?
Answering my own Question, Down and B when you get a melle ball to do specials, sure most of you are aware but what the hell, there it is, my infinite wisdom for you all to appreciate
bow.gif

falco123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know what the notice is that I keep getting?

After i finished a match, i got some japanese and the number 100, and the notice was an exclamation point.

I thought this meant i played 100 matches already, but then today i got another message with the same 100 and !. i think the text was a little different.

anyone know?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too...