Gaming Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Discussion

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know, i honestly don't know how to set up the vs matches to have only 1 hp... i've been doing 1 minute matches all night long now, i'm NEARING 300 vs matches so i think i'll just end up going the route of 400 vs matches unless someone can confirm another way to get him and its quicker
wink.gif

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know, i honestly don't know how to set up the vs matches to have only 1 hp... i've been doing 1 minute matches all night long now, i'm NEARING 300 vs matches so i think i'll just end up going the route of 400 vs matches unless someone can confirm another way to get him and its quicker
wink.gif

When you enter Brawl Menu, go into the one screen where it's before character selection. Beside the battle royal button, there should be one that has some kind of hat icon. When you select that menu, the first choice you see will be normal, 300% or hp. Set it to hp. To make it faster, set flower head so it hurts everyone 1hp every second. Press start, now there's a 150hp bar on your opponent for character selection. Press that and go to 1. Hope that made sense. I just woke up and I'm tired.
tongue.gif

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This month is going to slow...
I pre-ordered the game yesterday.

i just really hope this game is worth all the hype. I'm confident that it will be, but i've been let down in the past.

I'm not really looking forward to any of the new characters. I'll stick with kirby, kirby is the best.

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, it wouldn't help with recovery...just stalling. The game just thinks Bowser has already landed on the ground when he uses the Claw, so it allows him to jump again. You need to be near a floor for this glitch to work..oh well!
tongue.gif

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guys, Bowser for best character in game. He can have infinite jumps, no lies.

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=p1wx0bz_6FQ

Look at the video. LOL damn that's godly. I was hoping there wouldn't be glitches that would be as broken as this. Let's see how many people would prefer Wavedashing over this haha.
Looks sort of useless to me, just like some of the other glitches(which I haven't seen out of training). But I guess I've said it before: Now that some glitches are gone, people will try to find more to make up "advanced techniques"

Xedi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
additionalbm6.jpg

Could anyone explain the second setting here ?
Obviously the first one is to add a time constraint during a stock battle, and the last one is to stop displaying the percents. The third one is to disallow pausing the game and the fourth one is to display scores. But the second one I can't seem to see the difference...

Oh and by the way, when doing special Brawl, does clear brawl work (it's the other one with metal) ? For me it crashes the game just as the match starts, and like this with all 3 DVDs I burnt. 2 of which work perfectly fine apart from that (finished SSE, watched all movies, ...)

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The second one is Team Attack/Friendly Fire for team battles.

Looks sort of useless to me, just like some of the other glitches(which I haven't seen out of training). But I guess I've said it before: Now that some glitches are gone, people will try to find more to make up "advanced techniques"

It's not exactly 'advance technique' since no one applied it to a game yet. All you do is ForwardB before you land and jump out of it. People haven't even decided to ban it yet. There were glitches in Melee, but the advance techniques were different. Wavedashing might have caused a huge debate whether it's a glitch or not, but L-cancel definitely wasn't since it was in Smash Bros 64 as well. There's a glitch where you fall through Pokemon Stadium stage (from melee) in Brawl. You wouldn't consider that as an 'advance technique'.
tongue.gif

I just hope they fix these for PAL and NTSC-U release..

Xedi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey, does anyone notice any slowdown problems when playing the game ?
Maybe it's just my burn but it's been the same with all DVDs I've burnt, even though they're different brands... It seems especially noticeable on Final Destination...

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes finally, the reign of button smashing ends.

QUOTE said:

Use a particular move too many times and the damage it deals will begin to decrease!

And so it should. Let’s face it, it takes more skill to use a character’s full move set than to rely on the same attack over and over.

Moves will decrease in attack power when used repeatedly and get progressively weaker with additional usage, so try and weave a wide variety of attacks into your offense.

Also, if you feel like your attacks just aren’t launching the opponent as far as they should... Once again, I suggest you try mixing a few other moves into your offense.

technique10_080211c.jpg

Hey, don’t you think it’s time you, y’know, tried some other moves?

Sevael

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
additionalbm6.jpg

Could anyone explain the second setting here ?
Obviously the first one is to add a time constraint during a stock battle, and the last one is to stop displaying the percents. The third one is to disallow pausing the game and the fourth one is to display scores. But the second one I can't seem to see the difference...
That second setting literally says "Team Attack". It specifies whether or not you can hurt your own teammates.

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Any ideas people?

Ive managed to get the dual layer version working on my wii and a couple of friends (using patched/unpatched discs).

However i told my friend he had to do it on his own as I couldnt come down. Anyway the dvd5 version works fine. But any dual layer disc one it doesnt display on the channel screen?

Apparently he originally pulled the plug at 50% despite me saying 15%. It didnt change anything and as I said dvd5 one works fine.

We tried the 15% trick again tonight, tried doing all the wiikey updates again.. nothing.

We was just gonna let it to the full update but i said it was too risky, so we gonna wait for him to try the USA one and see what happens.

Anyone have this problem? Everything else works besides this dual layer ssbb.

DcJack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This happens when i start the game Error #001,
unautorized device has been deteceted.

What am i doing wrong , i toight this game worked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My 1500ish games is all hand picked and scraped it's taken me months but zero trash well except MAME.... Tried deleting clones and broke the originals uugghh
    +1
    I legit have been complaining about MAME for over 20 years... Hate the way they handle roms
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom