Emulation Super NES emulator for GBA?

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now I'm not brilliant with what can emulate what, but if this emulator turns out to be the real deal, does this perhaps make emulating the sega megadrive on the gba a practical possibility to someday?

Goalie6345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why dont you guys just accept the fact that there will NEVER be a SNES emulater for the gba? If the SNES emulater for the GP32 isnt 100% with some games how in the hell do you think it will work on the gba? The GP32 overclocked is 156MHZ, the GBA is only 16.7MHZ.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why dont you guys just accept the fact that there will NEVER be a SNES emulater for the gba? If the SNES emulater for the GP32 isnt 100% with some games how in the hell do you think it will work on the gba? The GP32 overclocked is 156MHZ, the GBA is only 16.7MHZ.
ummmmm, perhaps cuz its looks like there might well be a SNES emulator for the GBA you pillock

Goalie6345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there have been about 4 fake snes emulaters for the gba, they all had their own sites and everything, this one is just going to join all the others.

Plisco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
does'nt have to be hacked badly, it could be hacked well
tongue.gif
, but fair enough. I asked as if it were it would have given a good indication of the compatability of the emu.
Can't wait for a release, I dont expect it to be perfect but being able to play vintage MK will be cool
wink.gif

Hexidecimal

GBAtemp Ender of Worlds
Trophies
Website
www.xanga.com
XP
Country
United States
The doubters will be the first devoured!

I think It's real, I've got no reason not to believe it isn't real, I sit with bated breath waiting for an actual release and anticipate any more word about this emulator

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
I think its real and I believe that SNES software CAN run on the GBA:

While it would be exceedingly difficult to write an emulator for the SNES on the GBA (just on a code level, not to mention what to do about scaling, filtering, buttons etc), I highly doubt it it's impossible. The DC, for example can run SNES games at full speed with no sound. I'm sure people have been working since the GBA technical docs came out for somethign to this end and the SNES is a (techincally) well documented system.

I agree, too, that it would be impossible to port a PC emulator to the GBA; one would have to write a completely new emulator that takes advantage of the GBA hardware.

As mentioned above there have been fake ems before, but if Gragga and Flubba say it's real, I'm inclined to believe them. The proof's in the pudding, but I'm willing to wait (and encourage the developer!) and see before dismissing it outright.

W

WadeGarret

Hey Lord Graga,

Couple of quesiton if you dont mind answering them...

First off you said that the only game that will run is SMW right? So did the emu come pre-compiled with the game attatched? or did you have to attatch it with a compiler or through a command prompt?

If not have you tried attatching any other games?

Also it sounds like you may have been sitting on this for sometime... How long have you known about the emu? How long has the author been working on it if you know?

It also seems that you made the video through a GBA emulator... have you run the program on actual harware? How does it run? I know you cant hand out this *alpha* but I was wondering if you wouldnt mind making another video? If anything it will just put a hush the non-believers.

Sorry for all the questions... I think this will help clarify somethings, and add to the credibillity of the project.

Thanks again for all the info you given thus far.

bolton2

bolton2
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm if its going to be an emu, then they can modify the buttons, maby L + R can be pause. and start and select can be the x and y buttons, itd be complicated, but im sure whoever is working on it can do that. i just hope it can work with seiken densetsu 3, thats all i want. if i can play that at a descent speed with sound, ill be happier than the happiest person on earth
smile.gif

bajibbles

Ragnafreak
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I reckon there are two good thing you can do to make use of the 8 buttons. One is of course to multifunction them, but another is to have you hold down L for example, and then R, A and B have a secondary function while L is held.

M

mechanori

This is most certainly interesting... I never thought I'd see the day. That is one fast emulator though. 400Mhz Pocket PCs can barely handle SNES. That SMW video is near full speed, without frame skip or anything really. Why is it that SNES can be emulated so well (with speed hacks I suppose) as Flubba's PCEngine emulator? Isn't the PCE a weaker system?

I don't know anything about programming, but I know that this is one large feat. Congrats to whoever is able to do this stuff. Maybe it's really Flubba...? Trying to trick us, eh?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo