Super Mario Run Launches for iPhone & iPad on Dec. 15

screen696x696.jpeg

Select Game Content Available for Free; One-Time $9.99 Purchase Opens Full Game

KYOTO, Japan - The first-ever mobile game featuring the most iconic video game hero of all time goes on sale for iPhone and iPad on Dec. 15 in United States time zones. Super Mario Run can be downloaded from the App Store at no cost, and players can try elements of the game’s three modes for free. Once the game has been downloaded, a one-time payment of $9.99 (United States price) will grant unlimited access to each of the three modes in this release.

“The wait is almost over for a Super Mario game that can be played on mobile devices,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “Developed under the direction of Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto, Super Mario Run brings a new take on the series’ beloved action-platforming gameplay to iPhone and iPad for the first time.”

Super Mario Run is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices running iOS 8.0 or later. Starting on Dec. 15, the game will launch in 151 countries and regions. Super Mario Runsupports English, Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Russian and traditional Chinese language options.

Super Mario Run is the first Super Mario Bros.game developed specifically for mobile devices. In the game, Mario runs forward on his own, but relies on the tap of a single finger to jump over obstacles, avoid enemies, pull off stylish moves, collect coins and reach the flagpole to complete courses.

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What kind of a prediction is this? It's like saying, "The sun will rise tomorrow morning," or "Big companies will attempt to increase their profits."

Taking into account how much flaming and rage I got last time for pointing this out, I'd say:

Not obvious enough. People apparently like to live on fairy worlds.

blackcharmander

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mobile gaming sucks ass until now, maybe nintendo can change that. And honestly, I would rather pay $10 for a game if it's fun to play then all this freemium bullshit. Nintendo has made most of my favorite games, let's have faith in them people.

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sony has already announced they're trying to get into the mobile market.

I am not surprised. But I am awaiting real game announcements from Sony (not just the information that they are trying to do it).

Unfortunately the handheld market was doomed the minute tablets and smartphones were invented. But unlike most gamers who take this as a bad to the gaming world, I for one see it's potential for growth and improvement.

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's with all the negativity in this thread? It looks like a fun game and that's it. I hope Nintendo is successful and continue to make great games.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's with all the negativity in this thread? It looks like a fun game and that's it. I hope Nintendo is successful and continue to make great games.
I don't think anyone wants this game though. It's definitely more interesting than most endless runners but that's not saying much. Ports/Virtual Console games would be a lot better (yes, emulators exist on Android but a lot of us would support Nintendo). Or you know, an actual Mario platforming game.

veryhappyturtle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad to see something like this but I would prefer seeing full price ports of older games like Pokémon emerald, and a way to trade up. That would definitely make some money.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock