Super Mario Maker for 3DS - Are you mad of the limitations of it?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Ev1lbl0w, Sep 3, 2016.

?

Are you mad for the limitations? (No online sharing, no searching by ID, no costumes, etc...)

1. Hell yeah!

45.8%
  2. Nope, I'm fine with that.

32.2%
  3. I like trains.

22.0%
  1. Ev1lbl0w
    OP

Ev1lbl0w GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2014
    So, when I was watching the Nintendo Direct, Super Mario Maker took me completely from surprise. It was awesome!

Then, later, I did my research. Looks like is not gonna be all roses about it.

Firstly, the online sharing removal. Seriously, this is HALF the game. Just read the slogan and cut it to half. Same result. ("Any one can make it, everyone can play it"). I really don't understand why is Nintendo doing something like this. Sure, they are trying to take advantage of the Streetpass features, but, apart from my sister, I only streetpassed one guy the entire year. How am I supposed to find a guy playing Super Mario Maker and that has actually good levels?

Secondly, search functionality. No ID search. Did your friend do a cool remix of stage 1-1? Sorry, you'll have to search for 1-1 remix and 8 hours to find your friend's level.

Lastly, no mystery mushroom/costumes. Although this is simply a cosmetic feature, many good levels rely on these mushrooms. And since the 3DS won't have it, those levels will be incompatible.

So, what are your opinions guys? I really hope Nintendo fixes these issues before release. Or with a update, I don't care.

Darkyose likes this.

2. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Aug 15, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Somewhere
    You might be able to search for levels if the 3DS version is complatible with Mario Bookmark, of course you will have to rely on a cellphone/computer but it's better than nothing I guess.

3. sergey3000

sergey3000 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2013
    Iceland
    No. Because i already have it on wii u. But if to be serious mario maker without the option to share your levels and then watch someone play your levels on youtube is boring. And also without the option to download millions of other levels is also lame and boring. Without online sharing it's like a demo version of mario maker. Try it, love it? Buy the wii u version. But i understand why nintendo did it. to save money. because in this way they don't have to expand or buy another server.

Last edited by sergey3000, Sep 3, 2016
  4. Ev1lbl0w
    OP

Ev1lbl0w GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2014
    The thing is, not everyone can buy everything. I'm one of those guys, that had to buy an old used 3ds on ebay. And if Nintendo is saying that they are gonna port a game to the 3DS, at least port it well. Don't remove crucial features just to make the user feel like playing a demo. Or at least don't say it's a full game. I know I may be overreacting a bit, but it's like they're teasing with me. And I can't buy a WiiU and don't feel like buying one in the future.

5. sergey3000

sergey3000 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2013
    Iceland
    Yea I understand. Well at least it's not new 3ds exclusive. Now this could be a real teasing if it was. You can be glad that you can it least experience the game. Maby in future update nintendo will add this feature.

Ev1lbl0w likes this.
  6. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    Has it actually been confirmed online is out? It could be that the announcement was unclear? I'm just hoping online is in to be honest :/

7. Ev1lbl0w
    OP

Ev1lbl0w GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2014
    It is clearly stated in the Nintendo Direct and reviewed in varius game sites. So, yeah, sadly it's not fake.

8. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    No, not upset. They can add search by course id in later.

9. Ev1lbl0w
    OP

Ev1lbl0w GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2014
    What about online sharing?

10. smileyhead

smileyhead Bow ties are cool.

GBAtemp Patron
    smileyhead is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Budakeszi, Hungary
    Not really. the 3DS does have an Internet Browser.

11. Ev1lbl0w
    OP

Ev1lbl0w GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2014
    Yes, but if Nintendo goes in the trouble to make the 3DS browser compatible, why not just implement a search bar in the game?

12. Returnofganon

Returnofganon I pretend like I know what I'm talking about

Jul 1, 2015
    United States
    Being someone who doesn't have a wii u and has wanted Mario Maker Im mostly fine with it. The character costumes don't really matter to me but I wan't to be able to share my courses easier and be able to look up other peoples levels. I don't want to be confined to playing shitty 100 man levels

Ev1lbl0w likes this.
  13. Ev1lbl0w
    OP

Ev1lbl0w GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2014
    I agree with you, but there is one issue about not including those: is that levels that use those can't be played on the 3DS. And there are a plenty of awesome levels that use this feature, mainly to give a theme to the game.

14. Returnofganon

Returnofganon I pretend like I know what I'm talking about

Jul 1, 2015
    United States
    Also I'm holding back on buying a wii u as long as possible until we find out if the NX is backwards compatible. With the recent "leaks" it isn't looking so well

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

That didn't even cross my mind, dang.

Ev1lbl0w likes this.
  15. Galaxy☆Guy

Galaxy☆Guy Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2016
    United States
    For what I've seen the Nintendo Cross ("NX") should play every game ever by Nintendo, but not all physical copies.:mellow:

16. ADS3500

ADS3500 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2016
    Canada
    There is online, but you can't search for levels or upload levels, so you're limited to the random levels that you find in the 100 Mario challenge and the featured levels.

17. CeeDee

CeeDee Heya!

GBAtemp Patron
    CeeDee is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 4, 2014
    United States
    Not all of it, but you can't upload or search for courses. You can 100-Mario challenge and use recommended courses, still.

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  18. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Least we don't have to play 100 mario challenge to unlock costumes. I still can't figure out how to get the mega mushroom for the classic mario bros stages, and i also don't have amiibos so playing that was the only way to get costumes. :(

Returnofganon likes this.
  19. CeeDee

CeeDee Heya!

GBAtemp Patron
    CeeDee is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 4, 2014
    United States
    amiibo exclusive

20. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Move to Tokyo. Your SPplaza will be full before you even make it to the station in the morning.

Seriously sometimes I think the guys at Nintendo can't even conceive of how people live outside Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Kyoto, etc.

Ryccardo and Ev1lbl0w like this.