Gaming Super Mario Maker for 3DS - Are you mad of the limitations of it?

Are you mad for the limitations? (No online sharing, no searching by ID, no costumes, etc...)

• Total voters

Ev1lbl0w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So, when I was watching the Nintendo Direct, Super Mario Maker took me completely from surprise. It was awesome!

Then, later, I did my research. Looks like is not gonna be all roses about it.

Firstly, the online sharing removal. Seriously, this is HALF the game. Just read the slogan and cut it to half. Same result. ("Any one can make it, everyone can play it"). I really don't understand why is Nintendo doing something like this. Sure, they are trying to take advantage of the Streetpass features, but, apart from my sister, I only streetpassed one guy the entire year. How am I supposed to find a guy playing Super Mario Maker and that has actually good levels?

Secondly, search functionality. No ID search. Did your friend do a cool remix of stage 1-1? Sorry, you'll have to search for 1-1 remix and 8 hours to find your friend's level.

Lastly, no mystery mushroom/costumes. Although this is simply a cosmetic feature, many good levels rely on these mushrooms. And since the 3DS won't have it, those levels will be incompatible.

So, what are your opinions guys? I really hope Nintendo fixes these issues before release. Or with a update, I don't care.

Reactions: Lightyose
D

Deleted User

No. Because i already have it on wii u. But if to be serious mario maker without the option to share your levels and then watch someone play your levels on youtube is boring. And also without the option to download millions of other levels is also lame and boring. Without online sharing it's like a demo version of mario maker. Try it, love it? Buy the wii u version. But i understand why nintendo did it. to save money. because in this way they don't have to expand or buy another server.

Last edited by ,

Ev1lbl0w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No. Because i already have it on wii u. But if to be serious mario maker without the option to share your levels and then watch someone play your levels on youtube is boring. And also without the option to download millions of other levels is also lame and boring. Without online sharing it's like a demo version of mario maker. Try it, love it? Buy the wii u version. But i understand why nintendo did it. to save money. because in this way they don't have to expand or buy more servers.
The thing is, not everyone can buy everything. I'm one of those guys, that had to buy an old used 3ds on ebay. And if Nintendo is saying that they are gonna port a game to the 3DS, at least port it well. Don't remove crucial features just to make the user feel like playing a demo. Or at least don't say it's a full game. I know I may be overreacting a bit, but it's like they're teasing with me. And I can't buy a WiiU and don't feel like buying one in the future.

D

Deleted User

Yea I understand. Well at least it's not new 3ds exclusive. Now this could be a real teasing if it was. You can be glad that you can it least experience the game. Maby in future update nintendo will add this feature.

Reactions: Ev1lbl0w

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Has it actually been confirmed online is out? It could be that the announcement was unclear? I'm just hoping online is in to be honest :/

Ev1lbl0w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Has it actually been confirmed online is out? It could be that the announcement was unclear? I'm just hoping online is in to be honest :/
It is clearly stated in the Nintendo Direct and reviewed in varius game sites. So, yeah, sadly it's not fake.

Returnofganon

I pretend like I know what I'm talking about
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being someone who doesn't have a wii u and has wanted Mario Maker Im mostly fine with it. The character costumes don't really matter to me but I wan't to be able to share my courses easier and be able to look up other peoples levels. I don't want to be confined to playing shitty 100 man levels

Ev1lbl0w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The character costumes don't really matter to me
I agree with you, but there is one issue about not including those: is that levels that use those can't be played on the 3DS. And there are a plenty of awesome levels that use this feature, mainly to give a theme to the game.

Returnofganon

I pretend like I know what I'm talking about
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also I'm holding back on buying a wii u as long as possible until we find out if the NX is backwards compatible. With the recent "leaks" it isn't looking so well

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I agree with you, but there is one issue about not including those: is that levels that use those can't be played on the 3DS. And there are a plenty of awesome levels that use this feature, mainly to give a theme to the game.
That didn't even cross my mind, dang.

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is online, but you can't search for levels or upload levels, so you're limited to the random levels that you find in the 100 Mario challenge and the featured levels.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not all of it, but you can't upload or search for courses. You can 100-Mario challenge and use recommended courses, still.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Least we don't have to play 100 mario challenge to unlock costumes. I still can't figure out how to get the mega mushroom for the classic mario bros stages, and i also don't have amiibos so playing that was the only way to get costumes. :(

Reactions: Returnofganon

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't understand why is Nintendo doing something like this. Sure, they are trying to take advantage of the Streetpass features, but, apart from my sister, I only streetpassed one guy the entire year. How am I supposed to find a guy playing Super Mario Maker and that has actually good levels?

Move to Tokyo. Your SPplaza will be full before you even make it to the station in the morning.

Seriously sometimes I think the guys at Nintendo can't even conceive of how people live outside Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Kyoto, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM