Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury dump leaked online a week prior to release

Switch_SM3DW-BF_AnnouncementTrailer_YT.jpg

Those sailing the high seas may have noticed a new upload of a Nintendo Switch title. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury has leaked online a week exactly prior to its scheduled release date. A private dump of the game is circulating illegally online, allowing those with hacked systems to play the game before the official launch on February 12th. Please remember that GBAtemp's rules specifically state that warez and ROMs are not allowed to be uploaded or shared. Please be mindful of our ToS.

Please do not ask for illegal files
Please do not post illegal files
Please do not share links to sites that host illegal warez
Failure to adhere will result in account suspensions or permanent bans. This isn't our first rodeo, you have been warned!

:!: GBAtemp Forum Rules & Guidelines
:arrow: Nintendo Official Website

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH I don't think the game leak is going to hurt sales. This game isn't really new it is more of an expansion if you include bowsers fury. If the modding scene was discreet then Nintendo would barely give us any problems but when you have people going on youtube and etc... with the leak game that causes problems.

I'm in a Nintendo group on facebook and a guy was bragging about playing the leaked game. "Keep in mind he was showing his real name" He can't blame if Nintendo sues him wiith copyright infringement :rolleyes:

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't bother me as much as online cheating. Thankfully modded Switches can't play online. I think? Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't follow the Switch scene all that closely.
They can. Not sure what the extent would be of this situation.

Reactions: Brayton1-7

EduAAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I bought a second handed Switch this summer for 200€, it was barely used to the point it is on firmware 4.0.1.

Never really liked the Switch design and still dislike it, but it was a full vulnerable Switch and I was bored so I bought it, then I realized I was lucky because the console never was updated so I didn't had to buy a jig to hack it.

I hacked it, installed some games and never touched it again, I prefer my New 3DS that still has lots of exclusive games I want to play.

Reactions: Deleted User

0-volt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
And one more nintendo Game leaks.
Anyways...

Cleared bowser fury... Meh!
And that is...

Oh! Sm3dw, i played on Wii u.
Anyways again!

Stupid Mode: Luigi Bros is not available
But is fun to test on ldn_mitm

D

Deleted User

How dare those evil pirates. Truly monsters that are hurting the game industry.

I will wait for the LEGAL copy like the nice Switch owner that I am.

please don't hurt me Nintendo ninjas...i know you're watching us
I still bought the game and willing to pirate the game just to play it early on emuMMC and then transfer my save to sysMMC when it's released

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might grab it soon-ish then. Sorry Nintendo, love your games n all but $60 is a bit much for an old Wii U game with a bonus 3-hour experience.

well let's just say adding the new stuff to games like this or DLC like for example mario kart 8 makes it sixty dollars and that's a sad

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
TBH I don't think the game leak is going to hurt sales. This game isn't really new it is more of an expansion if you include bowsers fury. If the modding scene was discreet then Nintendo would barely give us any problems but when you have people going on youtube and etc... with the leak game that causes problems.

I'm in a Nintendo group on facebook and a guy was bragging about playing the leaked game. "Keep in mind he was showing his real name" He can't blame if Nintendo sues him wiith copyright infringement :rolleyes:
Yeah i saw that alot during the Wii U and 3DS days, a bunch of people bragging to Nintendo (IN OFFICIAL NINTENDO SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES MIND YOU) about how they were actively pirating their games, and some of them even saying what method they used to play them. I saw so many people mentioning Freeshop by name and even linking it that i'm not surpriced at all Nintendo knew how to stop Freeshop from working. And on the Wii U side? you shit on the console telling Nintendo how nobody will buy it and nobody will play the games released for the system, but you bought the console and are currently playing said game you said nobody will play and are currently taunting Nintendo about it? were you dropped on the head when you were a kid or something?

Seriously, people on the Internet are truly the worse humanity has to offer.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it leaked on Feb 28 before the March 3 release date for the Wii U.
it was just a few days ( pretty much 72hrs to the dot) not really really early, less time than 3D world.
Never forget. The Saga of the Australian Ticket from 4Chan.

Reactions: Goku1992A

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i saw that alot during the Wii U and 3DS days, a bunch of people bragging to Nintendo (IN OFFICIAL NINTENDO SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES MIND YOU) about how they were actively pirating their games, and some of them even saying what method they used to play them. I saw so many people mentioning Freeshop by name and even linking it that i'm not surpriced at all Nintendo knew how to stop Freeshop from working. And on the Wii U side? you shit on the console telling Nintendo how nobody will buy it and nobody will play the games released for the system, but you bought the console and are currently playing said game you said nobody will play and are currently taunting Nintendo about it? were you dropped on the head when you were a kid or something?

Seriously, people on the Internet are truly the worse humanity has to offer.

This is why we barely have nice things. Nobody cares if you pirate a game but to brag about it and post leaked gameplay online isn't good on Nintendo's part nore the modding scene part. That's why some people i don't feel sorry when Nintendo sues them because they brought evreything on themeselves.

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This has now become normal for Nintendo releases.

From what I saw Bowser's Fury is almost like a separate game, it would be really cool if they could launch as a standalone (I already played Super Mario 3D World on Wii U, I really just want to play the Bowser's Fury but I don't want to have to pay $60 for a game I’ve already played.)

Maybe could it be possible to add the extra content to the original version for Wii U with some mod like people did with Mario Kart 8 ?

Probably not, Bowser's Fury seems to run on different engine (even runs at a lower resolution than 3D World and 30fps in portable mode), but a man can dream, right?

In the worst case I play the game on Yuzu, I really don't want to have to pay $60 just to play Bowser's Fury.

Last edited by Moon164,

Defiance777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone else stuck at the black "Nintendo switch" screen on this?

Tried converting the XCI to NSP, and also installing the XCI directly with Awoo.

I had problems with the game just refusing to load (didn't even make it to the black screen on this game)

I also had problems where sometimes other games would just get stuck at the black screen.

It's only today I fixed all those issues, by installing the new atmosphere that dropped recently, and also updating the sig patches. also get the new hekate and nix that just dropped. i think its on 5.5.4 now

I suggest you backup your SD card and give it a try. also make sure you are on the latest firmware.

look up the channel switchXclusive on youtube for how to install stuff, and if the vid is outdated just use your common sense and grab the latest files instead of the files he uses.

I installed everything manually expect for the the latest firmware which i did through some deapsea updater or something

Reactions: paulttt

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well sorry but people who leak games are dicks

I totally agreed. They should have wait until after the release date then they can do whatever they want. To leak games before the release date are wrong and a cowardly, really.

The dumper forgot to empty out the cert from the xci......... :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Why ? Is something important about the cert that should be empty ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...