ROM Hack Summon Night Swordcraft Story: Beginnings Stone

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Pblitox plss give me the link of an app to insert on so called moonrune to finish the full patch.

As I said, if it were that easy (like with bomberan jetters) it'd haven been done in a month. Alas, the task is a bit harder than you might think. You'd better wait until it's ready. that, or start learning the kanas+kanjis.

riesyukira

Trophies
XP
Country
its almost two years when they started there no full english translated as of now.

Dude chill, just let them work in peace why don't you?
The more you annoyingly ask them random things that pops into your head the less time they have working on the translation.

We get it, you want to play this BADLY well guess what? So does everyone else in this thread but you don't see them consistently squeezing their way into every conversation just to get noticed do you?

Here's a tip: support them from the sidelines, because trying to get them to tell you the release date for this is not helping at all.

ArkthePieKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoo man! So roughly how complete is the current patch? Could I conceivably play through the game with it, or am I better off waiting?

On a side note I'm actually trying not to tear up. I've been following this project for...god almost a decade now? I've seen it pass ownership, take breaks, get scrapped and started over, and so much work and heart and soul get poured into it, I'm just so happy. I really wish I could express just how excited I am that this is THIS CLOSE to being done, but I can wait a little longer. I'm happy to. You all are doing such an amazing job with this and I really wish I had a way to express just how grateful I am for that. It might sound dumb to you all but it means so much to me.

aelitea

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its middle of the year

there no response if the translation was inserted many gamers want the fsummon night beginning of stone play fully translated
......so what if it's the middle of the year? it could be the middle of 2018 or 2019 or whatever and rushing the translation still wouldn't make things go any faster. yeah, people want to play the game—you just said it yourself. you're obviously not the only one who's looking forward to it, and i doubt pablitox and the rest of the crew will be able to speed things up just because you want them to. if you really want to play it right this instant you can do what he suggested and learn japanese to play the original rom or write the individual characters into google translate as you play, or you can maybe just chill out and patiently support the team and their efforts like the rest of us are.

kirito1215

Trophies
XP
Country
......so what if it's the middle of the year? it could be the middle of 2018 or 2019 or whatever and rushing the translation still wouldn't make things go any faster. yeah, people want to play the game—you just said it yourself. you're obviously not the only one who's looking forward to it, and i doubt pablitox and the rest of the crew will be able to speed things up just because you want them to. if you really want to play it right this instant you can do what he suggested and learn japanese to play the original rom or write the individual characters into google translate as you play, or you can maybe just chill out and patiently support the team and their efforts like the rest of us are.

One option is also to play while reading the translation files which are i think complete but seperate

AlwaysTruth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand the how long this project might take to complete, and with that I want to help out in anyway I can. I have a high powered PC ready to be used in someway besides gaming, if there is something I can do, please let me know.

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
One option is also to play while reading the translation files which are i think complete but seperate

im a simple man
i read the subs and mute the japanese eargasm

i tried doing that and believe me when i say it feels wrong lol

meh the wait is worth it

Last edited by UnknownAnonymousUser,
Reactions: mikeprado30

ArianNuhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Don't pay heed to the complaints guys ^_^ Keep up the good work. The wait makes it all the more worth it. I've been following you for more than two years and I know you guys hit some rough patches along the way. If you didn't give up then, you won't now. Cheering you on!
Btw the localisation may need a bit more work and I have more free time now. I can work with you guys if you want.

Salixa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoo man! So roughly how complete is the current patch? Could I conceivably play through the game with it, or am I better off waiting?

On a side note I'm actually trying not to tear up. I've been following this project for...god almost a decade now? I've seen it pass ownership, take breaks, get scrapped and started over, and so much work and heart and soul get poured into it, I'm just so happy. I really wish I could express just how excited I am that this is THIS CLOSE to being done, but I can wait a little longer. I'm happy to. You all are doing such an amazing job with this and I really wish I had a way to express just how grateful I am for that. It might sound dumb to you all but it means so much to me.

Only partially through the first day, not even close to being done. As others have said you'd be better off waiting for the full script insertion.

Don't pay heed to the complaints guys ^_^ Keep up the good work. The wait makes it all the more worth it. I've been following you for more than two years and I know you guys hit some rough patches along the way. If you didn't give up then, you won't now. Cheering you on!
Btw the localisation may need a bit more work and I have more free time now. I can work with you guys if you want.

All of our script stuff can be found here: https://github.com/salixa/SNSC3-Translation

Main story stuff is translated and sorted chronologically, everything else is dumped into Unsorted. I've gone over Day 0 through 4 so far, so whatever issues you saw in the patch should be resolved. Feel free to make changes to the grammar, vocab, phrasing etc as you see fit. There are various rules you need to follow that are checked by the Python scripts within ScriptValidator. So ideally you'd also run ScriptValidator/validate.py and make sure there aren't any warning messages before committing changes. Don't worry about it too much though.

ArianNuhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
All of our script stuff can be found here: https://github.com/salixa/SNSC3-Translation

Main story stuff is translated and sorted chronologically, everything else is dumped into Unsorted. I've gone over Day 0 through 4 so far, so whatever issues you saw in the patch should be resolved. Feel free to make changes to the grammar, vocab, phrasing etc as you see fit. There are various rules you need to follow that are checked by the Python scripts within ScriptValidator. So ideally you'd also run ScriptValidator/validate.py and make sure there aren't any warning messages before committing changes. Don't worry about it too much though.
I went to the link you shared and this will sound REALLY dumb but...how do you edit there? I can see it and, grammatically, in day 00, there is a mistake with
"their *bodies in the fires of the forge."
note: asterisk is corrected. I could send it here if you wish or edit it there. Whichever is more convenient
On that note:
"You've done well to endure my training for so long"
I understand that the sentence in the script is translated from japanese and would not be wrong but the one suggested above would be more appropriate.

On the next file:

"He *asked me to give this to you"
#1:"though I never touched a forge before!"
Because V.E implies that she never touched a forge before meeting rob.
Ofc it can also be written as:
#2:"though I'd never have touched a forge!"
implying that if she didn't meet rob she wouldn't work for a master
#3:"though I have never touched a forge!"
implying rob spoiled her and let her do what she wanted while rob worked.
As far as I've played the game, I think #1 would be the most appropriate but I could be wrong so..

Reactions: Pablitox

ArianNuhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I
actually other companies do the translations mostly so in here we are the translators.

I wonder if we can make a company name and put it in the credits. hahaha ^_^
Would love it if its changeable and PablitoX (or maybe his real name?) and earthdarkness' name is inserted there at least. They have been going on this for many years and they deserve the credits more than anyone.

Salixa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to the link you shared and this will sound REALLY dumb but...how do you edit there?

No worries! GitHub is an example of Version Control Software, which essentially is a tool that helps multiple people collaborate on a shared project. It tracks changes in the form of "commits" and provides detailed history for any changes made to any file.
First off, you'll need a GitHub account to edit stuff. From there you have two options: edit through the website, or download GitHub Desktop and edit things using whatever text editor you prefer. For editing within browser, click on a file and you'll see a pencil icon in the same header area where it displays the number of lines in a file. Next to the buttons for Raw/Blame/History. Clicking that takes you to a screen where you can edit the file, and has a box at the bottom for committing your changes and adding a description. As for GitHub Desktop, it has many more features, but it'd be a bit complicated to explain here. There's guides and youtube videos that can help you learn how to use it. It also has a built in tutorial. Whichever route you decide to take, feel free to ask any questions you have.

On that note:
"You've done well to endure my training for so long"
I understand that the sentence in the script is translated from japanese and would not be wrong but the one suggested above would be more appropriate.

Yeah, that line was translated literally and comes out as stiff/awkward. Personally I'm fine with whatever gets the meaning across while sounding natural and not deviating too much from the original. I'll go with your suggestion here.

On the next file:

"He *asked me to give this to you"
#1:"though I never touched a forge before!"
Because V.E implies that she never touched a forge before meeting rob.
Ofc it can also be written as:
#2:"though I'd never have touched a forge!"
implying that if she didn't meet rob she wouldn't work for a master
#3:"though I have never touched a forge!"
implying rob spoiled her and let her do what she wanted while rob worked.
As far as I've played the game, I think #1 would be the most appropriate but I could be wrong so..

It's #1 for sure. In the game universe she's from the equivalent of our world. I'll make it a bit more clear.

ArianNuhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria

This is after I signed up.Not sure what's wrong :/ In the meantime I'll do a few more files.

third file:
"This is a mine, but there* are strong strays here.*
Let's gather materials elsewhere"
4th file: No correction needed. They are fine on their own but I'd like to make a suggestion:
"
When I grow up, I'm gonna exterminate/destroy(since its a child destroy fits but exterminate fits too) all* those strays!"
5th file"
"Please watch your step when riding the railcar"
sounds better
I think it was translated literally from the japanese text since they put the verbs at last of sentence. I am trying to learn Japanese so I know a little.
6th file:
Checks out fine
"It's far sharper than *it was before"(suggestion)
7th file:
A-OK!
8th file:
You two! Such a thing as a match. Not sure why this is used but I believe it refers to the player and the summon killfith judging by the code. In that case, isn't it appropriate to write
"You two! What a pair/match!"
"Youngsters these days are *upto no good. Summoners too! If they would* send their Beasts back when they're* finished"
9th file:
"you ******(no comma)
are* getting carried away!"
"they're *friends with that stray"
"Causing a pointless conflict will only stain/taint(50-50 on this one. Not sure which can be better. Upto you. Stain sounds better imo but taint fits too so..)"

"What's that?
So that rundown face is BECAUSE you *are feeling well?" I think. its used sarcastically and the current sentence doesn't make sense. The correction implies lemmy isn't well while the other one currently used impies he is.
"So you're saying you're making suuuch a horrible face because you are feeling well?"
Same reason as above:
10th file:
How's it going(no comma) And can we remove that three dot codes from some places like here? I saw a few other encounters where the three dots is not needed. Indeed, some place it adds an effect but sometimes its just useless, annoying even. But we can get to that later as I'm sure you can figure where its needed or not later on :)
"Did you find any interesting materials?"(the current one is okay too I guess.
question: Why are 11 and 12 like that?
13:
"you can save your game here without using an Anywhere Diary." (no commas)
"To do so, face the save point and press the A button "
alternatively,
"To do so, stand in front of the save point and press the A button."
alternative one sounds better imo
"To do so, just get into the bed and press the A button."

Well. Done for now. Tell me how was it :D

Salixa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is after I signed up.Not sure what's wrong :/ In the meantime I'll do a few more files.

Ah, yeah you probably won't be able to do much on mobile. I believe there are 3rd party apps that allow you to make changes but... I wouldn't be able to help you with those at the moment. I might check them out later.

8th file:
You two! Such a thing as a match. Not sure why this is used but I believe it refers to the player and the summon killfith judging by the code. In that case, isn't it appropriate to write
"You two! What a pair/match!"
"Youngsters these days are *upto no good. Summoners too! If they would* send their Beasts back when they're* finished"

In this case "match" is referring to a 1 on 1 fight, or a duel. Obviously it's not totally clear from what you can see, however some of the files (such as this one) contain miscellaneous dialogue from various NPCs and aren't in any particular order. Thus it can be difficult to judge the context of some lines. IIRC you get that text if you talk to Murno after you challenge Partner to a "match"/duel on the first day, which happens in file 026. I can't recall at the moment why "match" is used to begin with, might be a carryover from the previous games but it's certainly less descriptive. Would be good if someone who remembers the other 2 games could clarify.

"Causing a pointless conflict will only stain/taint(50-50 on this one. Not sure which can be better. Upto you. Stain sounds better imo but taint fits too so..)"

I like stain as it implies something that could change how people think about their workshop. Like how a sweat stain on a shirt implies the wearer is lazy/uncaring about their clothing and appearance.

So that rundown face is BECAUSE you *are feeling well?" I think. its used sarcastically and the current sentence doesn't make sense. The correction implies lemmy isn't well while the other one currently used impies he is.

At this point Lemmy is still sick, he's just putting on a strong front. Later on he does get better. Regardless the phrasing is still kinda awkward... I'll have to think about this one.

And can we remove that three dot codes from some places like here? I saw a few other encounters where the three dots is not needed. Indeed, some place it adds an effect but sometimes its just useless, annoying even. But we can get to that later as I'm sure you can figure where its needed or not later on

This is something that'd have to be done on a case by case basis. It's used all over the place but generally has a reason to be there. I'll keep that in mind.

question: Why are 11 and 12 like that?

These are floating texts with the name of the area that you see when you enter a map. At the moment we don't have a way to change these in game so they're just left as is.

As a general rule, if it doesn't seem related to the main story, I haven't looked at it other than the initial translation. Files 002, 003, 004, 006, 007, 010, 011 all fall under that category. I'm deferring these until we're able to insert more text in the game since there's no point in reading random NPC text outside of it.

oil_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
WHAT IS THIS???? oil_ is posting here? he's still alive??? well yes he is.
After a long stay in prison he's a free man again and he didn't come back with his hands empty!

Here I bring you a great new thing: The Subtitler
It's a program that adds a window with translated dialog lines while you play the game on an emulator.

2kBCOkh.png

It lets people play the game while they wait for the patch.
It also lets translators and proofreaders find untranslated lines, this will be a great help to translate lines from NPCs that are spread around a bunch of files.
(Salixa check out the "Stuff for translators" folder, there's a README with stuff for you)

Important:
  1. Read the README file, it has instructions on how to use it
  2. TRANSLATION ISN'T COMPLETE YET
  3. Right now it only works with the CLEAN japanese ROM with NO PATCH APPLIED TO IT. This means graphics, menus, item names, enemy names, etc are not translated. Soon I'll release an updated version that will work with the patched ROM.
  4. If it doesn't run for you maybe you are missing some dll's... I don't know much about this but if it gives you trouble try installing this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44266
  5. Use the default character and summon beast names! Otherwise you'll get an untranslated line every time someone is mentioned in the game.

Download link:
https://mega.nz/#!tQFShCyY!tjPGe8EggglNNWE2pXwiiYGHNImpUcsJPQ6jQJjOhqQ

Last edited by oil_,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Honestly the EyeToy games where like proto augmented reality