ROM Hack Summon Night Swordcraft Story: Beginnings Stone

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's definitely the right step to a clean, polished script. Thought there's still the problem of inserting it. The inserter's not ready (yet). I hope Earthdarkness answers soon.

So I will vote for this translation once its complete...it deserves to win the GBAtemp Bounty being offered by the new Patreon donations.

Personality

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Remember my favorite childhood gba series
>Remember a team that was making a patch translate the 3rd game
>check back after around a decade
>sees thesubtitler, and patch actively being worked on

a tear slid out my left eye and a hernia bursted on my right nut

oil_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Update

The Subtitler v3

As promised here's the new release of The Subtitler!
Link https://mega.nz/#!JQ9gzSYC!hIwdb0DGZjjrwwjBw3KdeBtXzv7wApQQGB4i7Xp9s2I

This release adds an updater. Simply double click updater.exe and it will download the latest translation from salixa's github, and convert it to the subtitles format.

It now replaces correctly tags in the game's script like your name, your partner's name, etc when they appear in dialog. It doesn't work in 100% of cases because there's weird combinations that rarely appear and are not worthy of spending lots of time working on. It still works for more than 99% of the times tags appear.

There's a new feature (more like a workaround) to get translations for when the game gives you options (when you're talking to someone and it gives you answers to choose from like "I'll do it"/"I'm not going to do that").
Since it seems impossible to detect when the game gives you options without doing lots of reverse engineering and rewriting most of the subtitler I took a different approach.
When the game gives you options right click inside the subtitler's window and notepad will open with the translations for the options from the current script in the game (it may show more options than the ones currently ongoing). It's a little annoying but it's the only way I could do it. The japanese text in the game won't completely match the real japanese text you'll see in the notepad window if the ROM is patched but you'll be able to identify the text easily.

This is probably going to be the last release of The Subtitler unless there's some important bug to fix or new feature needed that I haven't noticed while testing it.

Last edited by oil_,

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Update

The Subtitler v3

This release adds an updater. Simply double click updater.exe and it will download the latest translation from salixa's github, and convert it to the subtitles format.

It now replaces correctly tags in the game's script like your name, your partner's name, etc when they appear in dialog. It doesn't work in 100% of cases because there's weird combinations that rarely appear and are not worthy of spending lots of time working on. It still works for more than 99% of the times tags appear.

There's a new feature (more like a workaround) to get translations for when the game gives you options (when you're talking to someone and it gives you answers to choose from like "I'll do it"/"I'm not going to do that").
Since it seems impossible to detect when the game gives you options without doing lots of reverse engineering and rewriting most of the subtitler I took a different approach.
When the game gives you options right click inside the subtitler's window and notepad will open with the translations for the options from the current script in the game (it may show more options than the ones currently ongoing). It's a little annoying but it's the only way I could do it. The japanese text in the game won't completely match the real japanese text you'll see in the notepad window if the ROM is patched but you'll be able to identify the text easily.

This is probably going to be the last release of The Subtitler unless there's some important bug to fix or new feature needed that I haven't noticed while testing it.

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN!

kirito1215

Trophies
XP
Country
Update

The Subtitler v3

I can test it now since the names are working properly I just waited for that hahaha. by the way is it fully translated or there are still some missing?

Reactions: ronroxx

oil_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I can test it now since the names are working properly I just waited for that hahaha. by the way is it fully translated or there are still some missing?

It is not yet fully translated. I haven't done any of the translation (I don't even know japanese).

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

kirito1215

Trophies
XP
Country
So I played it a bit. It always say untranslated when at those black screens though. Can I ask permission to make a few edits?

Jumpluffcommander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot my username and password so I had to make another account because its been so long...but DANG is it really you Oil? It's been, like, 6 years or something since you started the project...maybe longer? Nice to have you back and mad respect for bringing something with you. Yo, I don't need details but were you really in prison??? Its just I've wondered what happened to you this whole time and so did a bunch of other people. This is almost surreal, ya know?

Reactions: Pablitox

kirito1215

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried applying the patch that pablitox gave the subtitler juat said untranslated all the way should the subtitle files be edited for this?

oil_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I tried applying the patch that pablitox gave the subtitler juat said untranslated all the way should the subtitle files be edited for this?

The only things you need are the original rom and the v3 release I uploaded. Use the patch that's included. You don't need to edit anything.

Is anyone else having similar issues?

kirito1215

Trophies
XP
Country
The only things you need are the original rom and the v3 release I uploaded. Use the patch that's included. You don't need to edit anything.
Can't I use 2 patches since the one pablitox gave translates the menu and yours the story.
By the way how do you extract the lines?

oil_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Can't I use 2 patches since the one pablitox gave translates the menu and yours the story.
By the way how do you extract the lines?

You can only use the patch included. The patch translates graphics and menus. The patch leaves the story intact, the subtitler needs it that way to detect dialog lines and show the translation in the window.

Jhago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Is anyone else having similar issues?

Actually, I do believe that from the third day forward there are no translations whatsoever. I don't know if it's because I'm not using the default summon, or because the actual dialogue is still untranslated on Github, or other thing. It is right at the start of the third day, which was weird. V3 fixed all the untranslated dialogue related to the non-default summon beast prior to that, though.

oil_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Actually, I do believe that from the third day forward there are no translations whatsoever. I don't know if it's because I'm not using the default summon, or because the actual dialogue is still untranslated on Github, or other thing. It is right at the start of the third day, which was weird. V3 fixed all the untranslated dialogue related to the non-default summon beast prior to that, though.

Can you pastebin your untranslated.txt file?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots