ROM Hack Summon Night Swordcraft Story: Beginnings Stone

DarkZeroWarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
checking in, and seeing some progress which i like, and i still wish i could help out... but i'll continue to watch and cheer you all on, then we can all cheer at the end and enjoy a great game together. That being said, i intend to stream all three games when i can, and upload to youtube, and try for 100%.

Salixa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I think here's fine. Without any updates from @EarthDarkness there really isn't much to discuss pertaining the project right now. We're kind of all doing our own separate things.

On my side I've finished up the validation script. To my knowledge it's able to detect any issues with formatting and script content. Should've done this earlier actually, though better late than never. Proofreading continues at a steady pace.

kirito1215

Trophies
XP
Country
Eh, I think here's fine. Without any updates from @EarthDarkness there really isn't much to discuss pertaining the project right now. We're kind of all doing our own separate things.

On my side I've finished up the validation script. To my knowledge it's able to detect any issues with formatting and script content. Should've done this earlier actually, though better late than never. Proofreading continues at a steady pace.

Well that's good news

ArianNuhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Not exactly, remember we've only finished the main story for now.

That's one of the things I'm trying to fix as I go over the script again. It's especially prevalent in the early parts of the game as you have seen since those were done first, and by many different people. Unfortunately I'm not much of a writer, and I don't know of any other EN-JP translators who'd be willing to take on the task. For now I'm doing what I can to make it read better and fixing minor mistakes as I go.
I might be able to help with that after my exam ends(8th June). Not sure how much help I'll be but I'm ready to help if you want.

AlwaysTruth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read through all 33 pages and the wonderful people who've been working on it said all the story was translated, I've started playing it and only about 10 min of the story is translated. Anything after that isn't english. What's happening here? It's several years.

Reactions: brosis

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
can you guys just stop. if you had really read the 33 pages you said you have read, you would know the problems they are having now. you guys just joined today, take some time to read.

Reactions: mikeprado30

AnnieTheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Script is TRANSLATED but hardest part here is INSERTION due to moonrune width etc
It is fully translated but insertion will take around half of an year I guess

Reactions: mikeprado30

AlwaysTruth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Script is TRANSLATED but hardest part here is INSERTION due to moonrune width etc
It is fully translated but insertion will take around half of an year I guess
Thanks for the update but have a few questions, what is moonrune. And why would it take half a year to insert? Isn't there another way to bring it out to public or something?

Salixa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the update but have a few questions, what is moonrune. And why would it take half a year to insert? Isn't there another way to bring it out to public or something?

Moonrunes is slang for Japanese writing.

The current approach for changing the JP text to English is to dig through the game's raw data and replace areas that are used for text display. Takes a long time because we don't know how to do it correctly. Imagine doing a heart transplant on a platypus. You might know some general facts about a platypus, but not much about its innards. Not enough to cut out it's heart, replace it, and ensure it still lives, with no adverse repercussions. Ignoring the time aspect, that's essentially what the project's hackers have been up to. Killing a multitude of platypuses, trying to find a process that works.

The project itself is and always has been public, however very few people have the knowledge/time/motivation required to figure out how things work.

Last edited by Salixa,

aelitea

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'd also like to add that the project's been around for years; it being public doesn't really do much, considering how the game was released literally 12 years ago and how many people have lost interest in it over time. not only is the team a skeleton crew, but the fanbase is a sliver of what it once was as well, so it's pretty safe to say that there won't be too many other people clamoring to help out. they're doing their best, and frankly i'm amazed that the translation hasn't been dropped completely after so long.

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
why oh why didnt banpresto translate it

ill never know :(
its not like they couldnt

it took them ayear or 2 to translate the previous entries

:( im actually at the point where id just learn japanese lol and god i know how that would be difficult
i have a very thick skull

whatever

ill wait man
even if i die ill hold god at gunpoint
until its finished

oh and by the way
surely someof you guys could either join in or get folks you know could accelerate the project

i would but im forever alone in my moms basement
thats all i could recommend here really

Last edited by UnknownAnonymousUser,

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
may i help you pablitox to insert the translation on what so called moon stone. just give me the link of full translated script. And what app will i use to insert it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes 1 and 2 is translated by banpresto in english ,but why summon night 3 didn't ?
Dude, if it were that easyit'd have been done months ago. Earthdarkness has been taking the bulk of the assembly work, maybe once summer hits he'll appear again.

kirito1215

Trophies
XP
Country
why oh why didnt banpresto translate it

ill never know :(
its not like they couldnt

it took them ayear or 2 to translate the previous entries

:( im actually at the point where id just learn japanese lol and god i know how that would be difficult
i have a very thick skull

whatever

ill wait man
even if i die ill hold god at gunpoint
until its finished

oh and by the way
surely someof you guys could either join in or get folks you know could accelerate the project

i would but im forever alone in my moms basement
thats all i could recommend here really

actually other companies do the translations mostly so in here we are the translators.

I wonder if we can make a company name and put it in the credits. hahaha ^_^

Reactions: brosis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM