Suikoden Tierkreis "Hard Mode" Patch

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by GhostToast, Jan 27, 2010.

1. GhostToast
    OP

GhostToast GBAtemp Regular

Feb 26, 2009
    United States
    Aurora, IL
    Apologies if this has been asked before, or if what I'm asking is super newbie-ish. But I'm wondering if it's possible to make the Suikoden game for DS harder. It's such a gorgeous game, but I can't stand to play it because you can finish every battle on "auto" without breaking a sweat.

If there was some way to just universally increase the HP of all the enemies by a certain percentage, or do the same thing to their damage output.

I'd be willing to attempt it if I even knew where to start...or that it was possible. Thanks for feedback.

2. pitman

pitman Addicted to Magical Girls

Jan 23, 2003
    Iceland
    Where rockets don't fall.
    Maybe cheats can work or perhaps looking inside the game (with whatever tools available) and changing some parameters, I have no experience so I'm just suggesting...

3. dan80315

dan80315 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 30, 2009
    United States
    USA
    Can't be done as it would require massive re-coding and just about nobody will do that.

4. blainy

blainy GBAtemp Fan

Nov 1, 2008
    australia
    maybe a cheat of some kind could work. surely information such as enemy health data can be read from memory and multipliers made to affect these?

5. GhostToast
    OP

GhostToast GBAtemp Regular

Feb 26, 2009
    United States
    Aurora, IL
    If the tables that contain enemy health or damage output were all in a row, one would think it'd be possible to alter them all relatively quickly.

yea i'm going on presumption/assumption, since i dion't know jack about how you:
    A. get the data from the game.
    B. view the data in a somewhat sensible fashion.

Hmmm. guess i'll have to try and look into tools first.

6. StorMyu

StorMyu "I'm too old for this"

Jan 2, 2010
    France
    You can't find any tools who can do this...
    every games is different...