Suicide? There is Hope!...

7ank0v1c

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In light of the recent news of a famous gaming youtube (Desmond Daniel Amofah, aka Etika), who seems to have recently committed suicide, I just want to start this thread to open up a channel for anyone who may need a little help.

Please feel free to talk here, or if you are wanting help more privately we could arrange something.

I am someone myself who has and does struggle with mental health and suicidal tendencies have certainly been a reality to me.

Please know though my friends that there is hope..... you do not have to fight this alone and there are people who truly care about your life.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's a courageous topic and I truly believe you have the best intentions. But to be honest, I don't think it's a good idea to have a self help group on a primarily gaming focused forum.

While discussions are usually fairly civil, there are occasional outbreaks where moderators need to intervene, censor, ban or do similar things. By inviting people to discuss suicide-related issues, the stakes on proper moderation are suddenly a lot higher. What if something that gets said gets interpreted wrong on another side that causes the discussion to go sour? To talk about suicide ideas is opening up mentally a whole lot more than talking about gaming, politics and other topics. One might not just "feel bad" because someone have a bad opinion but consequences might be more serious.

I can't speak on other countries, but whenever my local news is reporting on a suicide or depression, they advertise a non-profit suicide line, where you can call into if you've got problems. It's more direct, less anonymous (though of course you can call in without revealing who you are) and in your own language. The volunteers get at least some sort of training and at the very least know how not to get sucked into the negative spiral that the caller is experiencing.

So I'd say that if you (this is aimed at anyone reading this. Not just you, @7ank0v1c :) ) have issues, search out for a local phone number alike rather than relying on gbatemp for it. :)

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone from Scotland that is struggling here is the relevant phone numbers you should phone.

Screenshot_20190628-075155.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Here's one thats even better. https://youtu.be/Wx5HOQuP7Xk +1