Suggestions for my tech needs?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by popopola, Jan 4, 2011.

1. popopola
    OP

popopola GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2008
    Canada
    I've had a PC in my room for about 3 years and I have concluded that it needs to go.

I feel that if I did not have a PC in my room I would have a lot more free time to exercise or read books/homework or do other things than watch the same youtube videos everyday and surf the web.

I know there are people that can sustain high grades and workout and in general balance their lifestyle without succumbing to the unlimited access of the vast internet information, but I do not think I am one of them.

So I'm asking you, what should I buy to REPLACE my PC with?

I need something that will:
    - give me quick updates on important sites so I don't waste time mindlessly surfing the net
    - portable, hopefully can provide me with 3G connection so I can quickly scan the net during free time ie. waiting for the bus

I was thinking an itouch because it would provide me with apps where I can check things I need simple and quick. However I'm open to more suggestions

2. Tokyo Jihen

Tokyo Jihen GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2010
    United States
    California
    Yeah, an iPod Touch. It only works with WiFi spots I think, no 3G connection wherever you go. You should get an iPhone if you want that.

3. scrtmstr

scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 20, 2009
    Netherlands
    the Netherregions!
    Get a android smartphone, checks everything for you and is really bloody quick.

4. Rogue_Syst3m

Rogue_Syst3m GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    J-Ville
    iphone or droid

5. shlong

shlong in memoriam of gravitas

GBAtemp Patron
    shlong is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 18, 2009
    Italy
    Charlotte's maze
    The Galaxy Tab?
    It's Android [​IMG]
    Portable, but with a relatively large screen, and uses 3G and WiFi [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice