Suggestions for a powerful phone?

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to be getting my first phone for my birthday in October and I want to make sure its a good one that will last me a while. What I want is something that's powerful and has a long battery life so I can play Retroarch's DS core and Dolphin relatively with as little lag as possible for as long as possible without charging. I have no intention of getting an IOS device, so please only suggest phones that use Android! Good compatibility would also be nice so I can play all of my favorite games like BTD 5, Mage Gauntlet, Tetris, and Monument Valley. I'm not picky about size, as long as its smaller than a tablet. I have a budget of around $550. (I don't have to worry about the contract.)

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Perhaps you could get a Nexus 6P which costs around $399? The 64 GB model costs about $449 while the 128 GB mode costs around $549. You could also wait for the next Nexus which should be announced really soon since Google I/O will start or should have started by now. It will probably get launched around September.

The Oneplus 2 should also be a viable choice. As well as the Oneplus 3 which should launch by next month. They're cheaper when compared to other flagships but they're nearly as powerful and unlike the S7 and S7 Edge, use USB Type-C

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
I'm going to be getting my first phone for my birthday in October and I want to make sure its a good one that will last me a while. What I want is something that's powerful and has a long battery life so I can play Retroarch's DS core and Dolphin relatively with as little lag as possible for as long as possible without charging. I have no intention of getting an IOS device, so please only suggest phones that use Android! Good compatibility would also be nice so I can play all of my favorite games like BTD 5, Mage Gauntlet, Tetris, and Monument Valley. I'm not picky about size, as long as its smaller than a tablet. I have a budget of around $550. (I don't have to worry about the contract.)
Oneplus one or one plus two.
And there's almost NO android device that can emulate GC only nvidia tablets

Last edited by Davidosky99,
Reactions: nxwing

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Oneplus one or one plus two.
And there's almost NO android device that can emulate GC only nvidia tablets
The Nexus 6P and the S7 Edge can emulate popular games such as SSBM with reasonable frame rates but still, with problems. As for Nvidia Tablets, the only one that could do good would be the newer K1 models as those run better than previous ones but if you really want to run GC games at a decent speed with mininal or no errors at all, there is such an Android device. It's the Nvidia Shield (not to be confused with the Shield tablets)

Reactions: Davidosky99

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
GC games are not my main priority. I only own a few anyways. I'm much more interested in DS emulation.
Then pretty much any mid-end phone could do it. I'm willing to bet that any mid-end phone could also use DraStoc's High Resolution Emulation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1