Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone,

I recently received my birthday present, a gift card of over 200$
I'd like to buy a tablet, android if possible, for gaming, as in PC gaming.
I am fully aware that no tablet are powerful enough to run these kind of game, and that even if they were, they'd cost thousands $$$.

I already have an idea of what I'd do (mirroring my PC to my tablet) but I'd like to check if something else is possible first.
Is it possible to do cloud gaming, but instead of subscribing to a service like Geforce Now, I'd use my own PC as server where my own games would be stored and processed, to then be streamed to my tablet. My internet is pretty good in my opinion (940mbps, computer is wired to the router, wifi 6 compatible router), my processing power too (32GB of RAM, Intel I7-11700k, RTX 3060ti 8GB).

I'd like to know if using my own pc as a cloud gaming server is possible for local gaming only. If it is not, then what would you suggest me to mirror my pc to my future tablet?

Also, is it possible to connect these keyboard to any tablet? Or do I need specific tablet/keyboard combination?
1694542802878.png

Thanks

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
For PC gaming you can use Moonlight (Client) and Sunshine (for server).
I sadly can't recommend any Android tablet since most are kind of crap to be fair, maybe the Pixel Tablet?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For PC gaming you can use Moonlight (Client) and Sunshine (for server).
I sadly can't recommend any Android tablet since most are kind of crap to be fair, maybe the Pixel Tablet?
Hello

Thanks for the reply, but I'm kinda stuck with sunshine.
I get an error message whenever I try to open the web UI
1694546959671.png

I added exceptions everywhere (firefox, kaspersky (both app and url)), but it doesn't seem to work :(
I deleted cookies and cache on firefox too.
Apparently, the only way that seems to work here is to disable all protection on my computer...

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just don't get it. I sadly have no idea what can cause it. I just guess Kaspersky but I can't say for sure.
alright thanks,
I'll try to fix that

As for the main subject, if I were to use my tablet for cloud gaming (if i can figure out how to use sunshine/moonlight for example), what should I look for? RAM? CPU? what should i look at first?

thanks again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed