Hacking Switch Lite, RP2040 New Lite FPC flex, modchip flashes

jvne2134

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I installed a RP2040 New Lite FPC flex onto my switch lite, when i plug the battery and plug the power cable, the modchip flashes blue, then a short yellow light followed by two long ones, i read the documentation and this error code sems to be missing, does anyone have a suggestion? I dont have a way to provide pictures of the joints, because my phone camera is too trashy and everything looks like a blurry mess.
the flex joints look well made, so do the cpu joints, so i really dont have a clue as to why it isnt working.

The screen remains off, even after pressing the power button (does not go to ofw)
Post automatically merged:

i have no sd card installed on the system, flashed with 2.73, flashed green with no problems (github . com / Ansem-SoD/ Picofly/tree/ main/ Firmwares)

Reflowed every joint, still no change

Last edited by jvne2134,

bvang913

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed a RP2040 New Lite FPC flex onto my switch lite, when i plug the battery and plug the power cable, the modchip flashes blue, then a short yellow light followed by two long ones, i read the documentation and this error code sems to be missing, does anyone have a suggestion? I dont have a way to provide pictures of the joints, because my phone camera is too trashy and everything looks like a blurry mess.
the flex joints look well made, so do the cpu joints, so i really dont have a clue as to why it isnt working.

The screen remains off, even after pressing the power button (does not go to ofw)

View attachment 431337

i have no sd card installed on the system, flashed with 2.73, flashed green with no problems (github . com / Ansem-SoD/ Picofly/tree/ main/ Firmwares)

Reflowed every joint, still no change
Any way to measure your diode values with the pads on the chip.

bvang913

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you always boot it without the Heatsink ?
Yes you can boot without all that. Your dat0, cmd, and clk should read around 0.5+, while RST should read around 1.2+ or something. Also, that piece on the right of the flex needs to slide under the frame.

jvne2134

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
do you always boot it without the Heatsink ?
no, this is the first time since i just installed it

it has never been opened before, i boot it without a heatsink just to test if the modchiping process was a success

Yes you can boot without all that. Your dat0, cmd, and clk should read around 0.5+, while RST should read around 1.2+ or something. Also, that piece on the right of the flex needs to slide under the frame.
Ill check them out tonight when i get home, thank you for the suggestion, what if the picofly is returning those values, but the console is still in that state?

baddass1979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I personally would'nt but each to their own i suppose. Can you get any king of pic of the soldering ?

jvne2134

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I personally would'nt but each to their own i suppose. Can you get any king of pic of the soldering ?
i will try tonight, but as stated before, they will probably come out as a blurry mess and we probably wont be able to get anything out of them, but ill try

i have a 1080p webcam tho, maybe with that one the pictures come out better.

bvang913

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if he's just checking to see if it's booting properly before sealing everything up he should be ok. I usually at least have the cover and all that down before turning my devices back on.

But yes photos help a lot of you're looking for help in troubleshooting.

Last edited by bvang913,

baddass1979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well if he's just checking to see if it's booting properly before sealing everything up he should be ok. I usually at least have the cover and all that down before turning my devices back on.

But yes photos help a lot of you're looking for help in troubleshooting.
yeah i dont boot any switch without a heatsink the SoC gets hot very quick without it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol