• Total voters

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm waiting because I don't have a Wii yet. It'd be my luck that I'd have this chip and two months down the road when I get a Wii there's a big ol' block of glue over the solder points and I'd be SOL. At any rate, I think it's wise not to be an early adopter, just so you have a better idea of what you're getting into, and maybe get an updated product.

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think early adopting is great.. Wish I got a 360 at launch so I don't have to buy a SATA board just to flash firmware or solder a switch to do it instead or wait for Xecuter's solution

Plus I got a gamecube at launch.. No need to mess with the laser to play backups which plagued latecomers

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think early adopting is great.. Wish I got a 360 at launch so I don't have to buy a SATA board just to flash firmware or solder a switch to do it instead or wait for Xecuter's solution

Plus I got a gamecube at launch.. No need to mess with the laser to play backups which plagued latecomers
I got my GC on the day of launch but I still had to tweak with the laser. Even that didn't work and it turns out that the media the laser reads is REAL picky. It wouldn't even read the Verbatium discs and in the end I had to go for the discs with G04 ink. I'm glad that if I get the wii chip, I can finally get into playing my GC isos without having to go throught the whole fuss again.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I already pre-ordered a wiinja!
biggrin.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'll wait for more chips. I don't care much about "region-free" or not, but I'd like homebrew support and media playing capabilities. And I'll wait for more thorough reviews of those chips.

instigator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm gonna wait as well. At the very least the code will be dumped and cheaper chips will be available.

I'm also interested in seeing if Ninty will do anything to counter these (if they even can).

Big Stu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm only concerned about playing my backups from my region really, so really i've no need to wait around for "better" chips.

Cyclowiz for me
smile.gif

ds_barf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.sebastiaanborghstijn.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
don't know yet, either seems to be ok for me
smile.gif
I don't especially need region free gaming because all the games will be released in pal too
wink.gif
Heck, already have 5 games backups on disc even before i've decided wich chip to buy
tongue.gif

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I voted wiinja because it's easier to unsolder.

I'm going to get whichever I can find cheapest though seen as you can install cyclowiz with wires as well. I'm definately getting one and if it is the cyclowiz I won't use the quicksolder method.

Fazered

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just like the 360 I'd say region free is unlikely with the the DVD type mod. It would also make it much easier for nintendo to check for, almost certainly the games will be signed and changing the region would break that. I'm happy without region free and although there may be cheaper version that come out I don't see any really major features being added for quite a long time. Hopefully the next mod I buy will be a bios modchip.

Fazered

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Meant to add that I am not sure which chip to buy, probably the one that is cheapest and easiest to find.

I'd install both with wires so the only things that separate them on current info are the LED install check and the number of components.
The led fitting check is nifty but probably not needed for such a simple install. The extra components on the Cyclowiz give me things that can break but it's probably only got to work for less than a year before I upgrade.

Not much to choose between.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny