Modchip Websites?

Lukarz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Modchips were a thing in like 2008 till 2012. Can you still get a Modchip for the Wii in 2023 and if yes where? (Something like the Drivekey or the WODE Jukebox)
Thanks

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wii modchips are very rare and have been out of production many years ago. Also, why exactly would you need a modchip? You can already softmod your Wii and play games from an external HDD. There's a guide over at: https://wii.guide

Lukarz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Wii modchips are very rare and have been out of production many years ago. Also, why exactly would you need a modchip? You can already softmod your Wii and play games from an external HDD. There's a guide over at: https://wii.guide
I already modded my Wii with Cios and many things lol, I just wanted to know If there are any Websites with Modchips out there!

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I already modded my Wii with Cios and many things lol, I just wanted to know If there are any Websites with Modchips out there!
eBay would be your best bet, but frankly there's just no point. It is possible to play burned discs on a softmodded Wii by changing the System Menu IOS in Priiloader to a custom IOS (e.g. 249).

Lukarz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
eBay would be your best bet.
I will look thanks
Post automatically merged:

Aliexpress might have some.
I saw a wiikey on aliexpress but im in austria and austria has a stupid rule that sellers from other continents must pay extra or something like that and thats why many sellers arent more on aliexpress

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Aliexpress might have some.
It's unlikely that they will.

I saw a wiikey on aliexpress but im in austria and austria has a stupid rule that sellers from other continents must pay extra or something like that and thats why many sellers arent more on aliexpress
The WiiKey would definitely be fake for sure. A genuine WiiKey always has a holographic sticker and a Actel chip with white markings.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a wiikey in my system, but it's a version 1 if that matters. I live in the usa though, and I'm about to get rid of the wii entirely.

Lukarz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
If you have the latest System Menu installed, then you'll be unable to boot Wii discs since Nintendo patched the trucha bug in later revisions.
I have system Menu 4.1 installed and a Drive with D2B chip

Just checked and you're right, though they do have chips for other systems e.g. GC, Xbox, etc.
yeah they have the xeno for the gc

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have the latest System Menu installed, then you'll be unable to boot Wii discs since Nintendo patched the trucha bug in later revisions.

AFAIK the Trucha Signing Bug shouldn't affect you booting games with a drive chip so long as they're unmodified.

They did however patch DVDX which could be used to run burnt discs on older drive revisions without a modchip.

Lukarz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Last edited by Lukarz,

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, it's either the wii or wiiu that doesn't have a check for the disc drive, so you can actually remove it or not care if it's broken.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
afaik, it's either the wii or wiiu that doesn't have a check for the disc drive, so you can actually remove it or not care if it's broken.
There's also the possibility of getting a donor console that wouldn't power on and swapping it with that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.