Hacking succesfully remarried a bluray drive but still not ready disks.....

pctek76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a phat ps3 60gb backwards compatible and had a non working blu-ray drive so i had to install a cfw no-bd because regular cfw wont load apps and stuff just goes to blank screen. like title says i did the remarry process dumped the eid key and remarry process in factory service mode and it said success, but when i put a ps3, ps2 disk the drive does the same of nothing just like before remarry process. It does receive disks and ejects them just i don't even hear the laser trying to read its just dead silence.

Now i do have another ps3 drive maybe 2 of them from another ps3 think its from a 40gb ps3, only difference physically it doesn't have that outside daughter board circuit board attached to the bottom of the drive, I don't know if the newer ps3 drives have the daughter-boards built in and not exposed maybe someone knows here but can i use that one and remarry it? If i cant what you think i need for the current one like what part either the drive physically/mechanically is bad or is the daughter board bad of not allowing the laser to not even try to read disks and make noises etc? thanks

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow, I never expect this to be still a topic. I did that last time 2011...
As far as I know you need pretty much the same daughterboard which came with the system. I really don't remember any details but there are
a few different of them (like bd-008, 009 etc). The drive itself can be from different revisions they should all work. But I'm pretty sure it is not possible to use a drive from a slim inside a fat console since they have completely different chips and ports.

Make 100% sure that the connections are good and that the laser gets power. I think the laser should at least power up and produce light for a fraction of a second even if the board is not married (please confirm somebody else).

Maybe the replacement daughter board is broken?

This remarry process is pretty much hit and miss. It took me several weeks back then to get the process done but I never restored the bd-movie function to work with newer movies.

Take everything I said with a grain of salt since my info is waaay outdated.

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Seamen :D
    +1
    mmmm those scrumptious tadpoles :wub:
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @AncientBoi did your phone autocorrect assholes to tadpoles?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats child abuse
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Could you imagine if these abortion activist said that sperm was a life, and you could not destroy or eat.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Is swallowing considered cannibalism?
    +2
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: by their standards, yes
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey got a couple free tickets the Memorial Golf tournament here in Dublin Ohio close to me, and I hate golf, so I asked couple neighbors if they wanted them, and 2 dif neighbors have started a bidding war, they are up to $75 for both so far, lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just can't get into golf, boring to me. I'd rather go drown some worms.
    +1
    $75.01 :teach:
    +1
    Take whatever for them, playing golf is fun.... Watching golf at home is relaxing, watching golf in person? Why ...
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna just give away, but they both started bidding more than other, so ill take it
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like ill have steak on the grille tonight for free.
    +3
    Tube? :shy::blush::evil:
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Games are getting huge nowdays, like 125gb a game (4k games anyways). I feel sorry for players that only have a 512gb hd. (Series S)
    +1
    It's fine just stream the game! Lol
    +1
    I wonder if that was the point of game streaming
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game