Homebrew Stylophone Homebrew?

EphenSteve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has one been created? or has anyone thought about creating one? i think it would be a pretty neat homebrew and fairly simple to make (correct me if im wrong)

angrydroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not as such. I love audioapps. Here's sort of a master list of DS audio homebrew. There's a few keyboard simulators out there, not to mention the Korg series, but I think the closest thing would be the Master Stroke DS by pixelh8. Actually a sort of hard-to-find piece of homebrew really. Pixelh8 only released it through his own site but all you find there is a semi-enigmatic explanation. Sounds like homebrew and fame are a poor mix. I especially thought this line oddly-worded:
QUOTE said:
It has also now made me change the way I do things, no longer will I reverse engineer / hack computers to learn about them, it’s all gone, all of it, destroyed (much to my friends and colleagues despair).

But anyways... there's a few other keyboard-type programs out there. Pretty much anything you come up with on a DS that is even vaguely piano-like is going to wind up being Stylophone-ish, due to the stylus and only being single-touch sensitive, know what I mean? But I think it's not such a bad idea. I'm a poor, starving experimental musician who was drawn to the DS homebrew by the various audio apps people have created and I have been considering "rolling my own" small audio app at some point this summer. I'm sort of thinking of making either a software version of a Drone Lab for the DS or perhaps attempting to port Din is Noise.

But a Stylophone might be a good simple project to start with.
gbasp.gif

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
EphenSteve said:
Has one been created? or has anyone thought about creating one? i think it would be a pretty neat homebrew and fairly simple to make (correct me if im wrong)
I doubt anyone would actually program the actual synthesizer. Instead they'd probably make it so when you pressed a button it would spit out a pre-recorded sound of the stylophone.

KORG DS-10 and KORG DS-10 Plus are synthesizers and are capable of making sounds similar to the stylophone and were released (officially) for the DS/DSi. I would consider getting one of those two programs if you are interested in music making on the DS.

Also, if you're up for it, you could also get the Japan-only game KORG M01.

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan @I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu...