Stylophone Homebrew?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by EphenSteve, Apr 12, 2011.

1. EphenSteve
    OP

EphenSteve Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2011
    United States
    ya mutha
    Has one been created? or has anyone thought about creating one? i think it would be a pretty neat homebrew and fairly simple to make (correct me if im wrong)

2. angrydroid

angrydroid Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2011
    United States
    Not as such. I love audioapps. Here's sort of a master list of DS audio homebrew. There's a few keyboard simulators out there, not to mention the Korg series, but I think the closest thing would be the Master Stroke DS by pixelh8. Actually a sort of hard-to-find piece of homebrew really. Pixelh8 only released it through his own site but all you find there is a semi-enigmatic explanation. Sounds like homebrew and fame are a poor mix. I especially thought this line oddly-worded:
    But anyways... there's a few other keyboard-type programs out there. Pretty much anything you come up with on a DS that is even vaguely piano-like is going to wind up being Stylophone-ish, due to the stylus and only being single-touch sensitive, know what I mean? But I think it's not such a bad idea. I'm a poor, starving experimental musician who was drawn to the DS homebrew by the various audio apps people have created and I have been considering "rolling my own" small audio app at some point this summer. I'm sort of thinking of making either a software version of a Drone Lab for the DS or perhaps attempting to port Din is Noise.

But a Stylophone might be a good simple project to start with. [​IMG]

3. thaddius

thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

May 5, 2008
    Canada
    I doubt anyone would actually program the actual synthesizer. Instead they'd probably make it so when you pressed a button it would spit out a pre-recorded sound of the stylophone.

KORG DS-10 and KORG DS-10 Plus are synthesizers and are capable of making sounds similar to the stylophone and were released (officially) for the DS/DSi. I would consider getting one of those two programs if you are interested in music making on the DS.

Also, if you're up for it, you could also get the Japan-only game KORG M01.

4. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    On a *much* more basic scale, perhaps PianoVero? Or Sampling Keyboard?

5. EphenSteve
    OP

EphenSteve Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2011
    United States
    ya mutha
    YEA YEA YEA!! something along the lines of that i like the stylophone 8 bit'ish sounds though ;O!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice