Stylophone Homebrew?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by EphenSteve, Apr 12, 2011.

Apr 12, 2011

Stylophone Homebrew? by EphenSteve at 9:29 AM (807 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. EphenSteve
    OP

Newcomer EphenSteve Advanced Member

United States
    Has one been created? or has anyone thought about creating one? i think it would be a pretty neat homebrew and fairly simple to make (correct me if im wrong)

2. angrydroid

Newcomer angrydroid Newbie

United States
    Not as such. I love audioapps. Here's sort of a master list of DS audio homebrew. There's a few keyboard simulators out there, not to mention the Korg series, but I think the closest thing would be the Master Stroke DS by pixelh8. Actually a sort of hard-to-find piece of homebrew really. Pixelh8 only released it through his own site but all you find there is a semi-enigmatic explanation. Sounds like homebrew and fame are a poor mix. I especially thought this line oddly-worded:
    But anyways... there's a few other keyboard-type programs out there. Pretty much anything you come up with on a DS that is even vaguely piano-like is going to wind up being Stylophone-ish, due to the stylus and only being single-touch sensitive, know what I mean? But I think it's not such a bad idea. I'm a poor, starving experimental musician who was drawn to the DS homebrew by the various audio apps people have created and I have been considering "rolling my own" small audio app at some point this summer. I'm sort of thinking of making either a software version of a Drone Lab for the DS or perhaps attempting to port Din is Noise.

But a Stylophone might be a good simple project to start with. [​IMG]

3. thaddius

Member thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

Canada
    I doubt anyone would actually program the actual synthesizer. Instead they'd probably make it so when you pressed a button it would spit out a pre-recorded sound of the stylophone.

KORG DS-10 and KORG DS-10 Plus are synthesizers and are capable of making sounds similar to the stylophone and were released (officially) for the DS/DSi. I would consider getting one of those two programs if you are interested in music making on the DS.

Also, if you're up for it, you could also get the Japan-only game KORG M01.

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    On a *much* more basic scale, perhaps PianoVero? Or Sampling Keyboard?

5. EphenSteve
    OP

Newcomer EphenSteve Advanced Member

United States
    YEA YEA YEA!! something along the lines of that i like the stylophone 8 bit'ish sounds though ;O!