xaxa

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My problem is that when I try to load the cheat list for any game, akaio gets stuck* rebuilding a cheat file, regardless of whether or not one exists. This happens with any game I try to load.

*the blue fileread icon keeps flashing as the cheat file begins to rebuild, but the program eventually causes the ds to shut dot down on its own.

Steps I've taken to troubleshoot:
  • Format SD
  • Reinstall Akaio with the newest version
  • Delete the cheats directory and add the newest cheats.xml file from gbatemp's repository
  • Delete all of the files in the cheats\CC

Any ideas on how can I fix this?

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
xaxa said:
My problem is that when I try to load the cheat list for any game, akaio gets stuck* rebuilding a cheat file, regardless of whether or not one exists. This happens with any game I try to load.

*the blue fileread icon keeps flashing as the cheat file begins to rebuild, but the program eventually causes the ds to shut dot down on its own.

• Format SD
  • Delete the cheats directory and add the newest cheats.xml file from gbatemp's repository

Use usrcheat.dat not cheats.xml (XML parsing takes AGES to parse).

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
xaxa said:

• Format SD

people still use the XML?

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeet that has to go through it line by line basically. NOT MU FAULT

Use usrcheat.dat not cheats.xml (XML parsing takes AGES to parse).

xaxa

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone. I tried to convert a modified xml in to a dat file with the first r4 editor but it kept giving me an error, probably because the file was too big. I used the second one and it worked like a charm.

Thanks again for your help everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch