Stuck rebuilding cheat file

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by xaxa, Mar 12, 2011.

  1. xaxa
    OP

    xaxa Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    83
    0
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    New York, NY
    I meant to edit the first post. updated description in the next post.
     
  2. xaxa
    OP

    xaxa Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    83
    0
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    New York, NY
    My problem is that when I try to load the cheat list for any game, akaio gets stuck* rebuilding a cheat file, regardless of whether or not one exists. This happens with any game I try to load.

    *the blue fileread icon keeps flashing as the cheat file begins to rebuild, but the program eventually causes the ds to shut dot down on its own.


    Steps I've taken to troubleshoot:
    • Format SD
    • Reinstall Akaio with the newest version
    • Delete the cheats directory and add the newest cheats.xml file from gbatemp's repository
    • Delete all of the files in the cheats\CC

    Any ideas on how can I fix this?
     
  3. Normmatt

    Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

    Member
    2,142
    544
    Dec 14, 2004
    New Zealand
    Use usrcheat.dat not cheats.xml (XML parsing takes AGES to parse).
     
  4. xaxa
    OP

    xaxa Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    83
    0
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    New York, NY
    I see, thanks for your help. Is there any way that I can edit the .dat file?
     
  5. hack_ziro

    hack_ziro Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    92
    14
    Feb 26, 2011
    Gambia, The
    under your bed
    you could either text-edit it with the editor, or (recommended) use THIS
     
  6. Smiths

    Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

    Member
    1,337
    155
    Feb 24, 2003
    United States
    The land of Dairy Queen
     
  7. Hakoda

    Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

    Member
    2,133
    2
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    San Jose, CA
    R4CCE is best cheat code editor as of now. You can find it here: Direct Link
     
  8. xaxa
    OP

    xaxa Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    83
    0
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    New York, NY
    Thanks everyone. I tried to convert a modified xml in to a dat file with the first r4 editor but it kept giving me an error, probably because the file was too big. I used the second one and it worked like a charm.

    Thanks again for your help everyone.