OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I am on a Wii using System Menu 3.2U and following THIS GUIDE to installing USB Loader GX, and I'm stuck on the step "STEP 2 – Installing a Trucha patched IOS and a cIOS."

I'm specifically on the step where I am instructed: "On the main screen of DOP-Mii, go down once to “Install IOS36 (v3351) w/FakeSign”. Now press A."

The screen then says:

QUOTE said:
Current IOS is not 36. Loading IOS36...

>> ERROR! Failed to load IOS36: ErrorCode (-4100)

What am I supposed to do to continue? I've Google'd around and haven't found any help.

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
D3R3LIC7 said:
I am on a Wii using System Menu 3.2U and following THIS GUIDE to installing USB Loader GX, and I'm stuck on the step "STEP 2 – Installing a Trucha patched IOS and a cIOS."

I'm specifically on the step where I am instructed: "On the main screen of DOP-Mii, go down once to “Install IOS36 (v3351) w/FakeSign”. Now press A."

The screen then says:

QUOTE said:
Current IOS is not 36. Loading IOS36...

>> ERROR! Failed to load IOS36: ErrorCode (-4100)

What am I supposed to do to continue? I've Google'd around and haven't found any help.

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/dop-ios

try that one
wink.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
D3R3LIC7 said:
damn it. thanks for the help everybody, but I'm a lost cause now.. I accidentally updated to 4.3U..

How do you accidentally update? You have to go through a few prompts to even download the update, not to mention you can shut down your Wii before the download is complete and before anything is installed correct?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, I guess you'll have to wait for now then...
dudeonline said:
... not to mention you can shut down your Wii before the download is complete and before anything is installed correct?
Shutting it down while updating isn't really a good idea

D3R3LIC7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
OK friends,

I followed THIS GUIDE to getting all the stuff installed on my v4.3U Wii; I formatted my HDD and loaded games; but whenever I try to load a game, all I get is a black screen.

I've loaded USB Loader GX from the Wii Menu as well as the Homebrew Channel. I can select all the games I put onto my HDD, but whenever I try to load any of them (Super Mario Galaxy 2 & New Super Mario Bros. Wii), all that results is a black screen.

What should I do?

Should I try downgrading to System Menu 4.1? Would that even help?

D3R3LIC7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what happened, but now, whenever I try to load USB Loader GX, the screen says "Exception (DSI) occured!" and all this code appears. It then waits to reload after 5 seconds, and I'm taken back to the Homebrew Channel.

Nevermind, I redid everything in the 4.3 Fix guide I linked to above, and now USB Loader GX loads fine now, but I still can't load games without getting a black screen. Also, the Homebrew Channel disappears everytime I restart my Wii.

Dear me, what the hell is going on? :S

UPDATE:

Oh Lord, has fortune smiled upon me! I got it to work! Small problem: the black screen when loading games happens with my MAXTOR 500GB External HDD, but not on my Cruzer 2GB flash drive.

I Google'd around, and I think the WBFS partition on my MAXTOR HDD has to be a "primary" and "active" partition. How can I make that happen?

UPDATE 2:

Ahh damn guys, I fixed everything. Thank you for coming along with me in this brave and daring adventure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.