Homebrew Streaming Online Content on Wii

Tazer_Silverscar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
...is it possible to stream internet television channels through the wii? The channel in particular I'm after is NHK World (not because it's a big channel, but because it's the only one I watch XD), but the stream on their website is too big for the Opera web browser to manage (according to an error message I can't seem to get back up on screen >.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...is it possible to stream internet television channels through the wii? The channel in particular I'm after is NHK World (not because it's a big channel, but because it's the only one I watch XD), but the stream on their website is too big for the Opera web browser to manage (according to an error message I can't seem to get back up on screen >.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I was able to stream NHK World through WiiMC. If I had an SD reader, I'd tell you what to add to the content file to get it to work, but I'm not at a computer with that option, unfortunately.

Reactions: 1 person

Tazer_Silverscar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was able to stream NHK World through WiiMC. If I had an SD reader, I'd tell you what to add to the content file to get it to work, but I'm not at a computer with that option, unfortunately.

Any chance you could check for me? Only my PC isn't that strong to handle online PC to Wii streaming - that and it's costly to leave the PC on >.

Tazer_Silverscar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I know I'm bumping an old topic here, but it's important to me that I find out...

I'm not up for creating my own streams. What I want to do is to be able to view existing streams over the internet connection. Now, I know this works as I just ran JPopsuki TV on the Online Media section (which came with WiiMC). What I want to know is if you can add stream file links like you can on VLC? Only I know where the video streams are hosted, but I've no idea how to add them (and there's no instructions on the WiiMC site, from what I can tell).

The reason I'm asking is that the computer I'm using has quite a small screen, which is a strain on my eyes (which wasn't a major problem when I set up the topic, but it's gotten worse now). I'm hoping that using WiiMC, the stream would be easier to watch (due to the massive TV the Wii is hooked up to XD). It also might be of benefit to my parents, who are learning French - and being in England, can't afford to get Satellite to watch the French TV stations (it would also save me having to tell them how to watch and add streams >.>).

By the way, my computer isn't strong enough to host streams itself, which is why I'm wanting to add existing online streams rather than just streaming my computer screen (which has been suggested to me a good few times already).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o