Homebrew Streaming games from Wii to PC?

saito1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any homebrew applications which makes this possible?
I think it could have better quality than the analog video signals that the Wii can output, I'm usually playing my PSP with RemoteJoy on PC, and the quality is very good. In my opinion it looks much better then the Wii with component cables (well, expect the resolution).

So I'd be interested if there is any application for the Wii which can do this, or is this even possible?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's no operating system running in the background when a game is launched.
You can't have a homebrew in the background sending video.

The most probable is patching the game to alter it's code and include new functions (something like WiiRd, USBGecko, memory view). You can take screenshot with USBgecko, but it's freezing the game like 1-2 seconds for a single picture, you can't broadcast a video in real time.

The only solution is using a capture card.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is there any homebrew applications which makes this possible?
I think it could have better quality than the analog video signals that the Wii can output, I'm usually playing my PSP with RemoteJoy on PC, and the quality is very good. In my opinion it looks much better then the Wii with component cables (well, expect the resolution).

So I'd be interested if there is any application for the Wii which can do this, or is this even possible?
What Cyan said. For the best possible picture you should get a capture card with component input. You're never going to get better quality than that, even if you could stream the games to the PC, as the digital video is pixel perfect.

Maybe the reason you think the quality is worse compared to RemoteJoy is that the Wii doesn't transmit in true widescreen - it actually transmits the 16:9 image scaled to 4:3. This would introduce some blurriness when the TV stretches it back to 16:9.

The only real way to get better video quality is with Dolphin.

saito1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I understand now:)
Thanks for the helpful answers!
I'll stick with my component cables then, sadly my PC isn't powerful enough to run Dolphin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: sup