GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sounds like Brave then f'ed up their coding again
Not necessarily as it has been reported on brave (which is chromium based) but also Firefox, which iirc use their own quantum browser engine. A lot of people have been reporting brave, which yeah, it might very well be braves issue but unless the other reports are just a fluke, cant be just its (braves) fault.

Why does it even have to be stored in cookies? Does one more boolean or integer field in the database make that much of a difference? I don't think so. The less cookies are being used, the better (and i am not an anti cookie fanatic)

Also i just want to second this
Every single other site I use(including other xenforo forums) work fine and dont prompt again, which is weird

Every other forum works just fine and my cookies are not cleared on any other page ever. I also don't need to login back into Gbatemp, which should be the case if my cookies are gone. it is just this one specific thing on this specific site.

Solution

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've added a new User Preference to permanently opt out of push notifications on your account.

The setting can be found in your Preferences.

1695549213737.png

Notes:

• The setting may take a while to take effect but once it does you will no longer be asked to subscribe to push notifications as long as the option is enabled.

• Also if you are currently subscribed to push notifications you might want to turn them off for GBAtemp.net in your browsers settings and/or the blue button as shown in the screenshot above before enabling the opt out option.

• If you decide to reenable push notifications by turning the option off, again it may take some time to update and before you get the popup again.

Murazik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Примерно каждую неделю меня спрашивают снова и снова, хотя я нажимаю "никогда не спрашивать снова". Это очень раздражает.
Why, if there are so many dissatisfied people, the developers haven't removed it yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la