Homebrew steelhax - A Steeldiver Subwars secondary entrypoint

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should work on 11.1. I have no idea where the error is coming from. Normally this should happen when the installer is run under 11.2
i updated to 11.2, it kept giving that.00002 error, i did everything your instruction asked, it kept saying the sploit is not recognized in the current version

Last edited by pokemonshuffler12345,

brentblend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wrote up a small tutorial type thing on reddit a while back for users that were having issues with getting steelhax running. It has allowed me to get steelhax working on 11.2, with or without cfw.

11.2.0-35 users use the 11.1.0-34 otherapp payload,

Old installer - https://github.com/VegaRoXas/vegaroxas.github.io/blob/master/files/steelhax-installer.zip

New installer - https://github.com/VegaRoXas/vegaroxas.github.io/blob/master/files/steelhax-installer.rar

Otherapp payload - https://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Old installer goes in /3ds/ (/sdcard/3ds/steelhax-installer/) and if you need to use the otherapp payload, rename it to steelhax_payload.bin and place it on the root of your sdcard. (/sdcard/)

New installer goes in /3ds/ (/sdcard/3ds/steelhax_installer/), the folder named steelhax goes in the root of the sdcard. If you use the otherapp payload it is renamed to payload.bin and goes in the steelhax folder on the root of your sdcard. (/sdcard/steelhax/)

Each method listed below should be attempted at least 5 times, since the installer doesn't always work on the first go. It took me up to 6 tries on one device.

Try the old installer.

Try the old installer with the otherapp.

Try the old installer with otherapp and holding B while opening the app.

Try the new installer.

Try the new installer with the otherapp.

Try the new installer with otherapp and holding B while starting the game.

Last edited by brentblend,

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wrote up a small tutorial type thing on reddit a while back for users that were having issues with getting steelhax running. It has allowed me to get steelhax working on 11.2, with or without cfw.

11.2.0-35 users use the 11.1.0-34 otherapp payload,

Old installer - https://github.com/VegaRoXas/vegaroxas.github.io/blob/master/files/steelhax-installer.zip

New installer - https://github.com/VegaRoXas/vegaroxas.github.io/blob/master/files/steelhax-installer.rar

Otherapp payload - https://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Old installer goes in /3ds/ (/sdcard/3ds/steelhax-installer/) and if you need to use the otherapp payload, rename it to steelhax_payload.bin and place it on the root of your sdcard. (/sdcard/)

New installer goes in /3ds/ (/sdcard/3ds/steelhax_installer/), the folder named steelhax goes in the root of the sdcard. If you use the otherapp payload it is renamed to payload.bin and goes in the steelhax folder on the root of your sdcard. (/sdcard/steelhax/)

Each method listed below should be attempted at least 5 times, since the installer doesn't always work on the first go. It took me up to 6 tries on one device.

Try the old installer.

Try the old installer with the otherapp.

Try the old installer with otherapp and holding B while opening the app.

Try the new installer.

Try the new installer with the otherapp.

Try the new installer with otherapp and holding B while starting the game.
i know vegas and the reddit says the payload.bin goes in steelhax folder, i have tried in and outside the folder it does not seem to activate the installer, what do we use payload.bin or code.bin? also in the past the steelhax, worked with payload named this way but i have also tried it, im missing something arnt i, my system is currently on 11.2, with the old installer it just stops on the yellow screen after opening it. ill keep retrying

Last edited by pokemonshuffler12345,

VegaRoXas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i know vegas and the reddit says the payload.bin goes in steelhax folder, i have tried in and outside the folder it does not seem to activate the installer, what do we use payload.bin or code.bin? also in the past the steelhax, worked with payload named this way but i have also tried it, im missing something arnt i, my system is currently on 11.2, with the old installer it just stops on the yellow screen after opening it. ill keep retrying
As I have said multiple times, the installer doesn't work on 11.2. This is not my fault. Smea just hasn't updated his payload to support paslr titles and since steeldiver was added to that list on 11.2 it won't work. Without a cfw you won't be able to install steelhax on 11.2 unless smea updates his payload in the future.
Holding b won't do anything on the new steelhax version. The old installer will work for firmwares on 11.1 or under. It installs the save which doesn't bypass paslr since it is not needed at those firmware versions. The new installer is required if you want to have steelhax running on 11.2 and for that you'll have to use the new installer on a firmware under 11.2 to install it. After that you could update and still have steelhax working. All that /steelhax/ folder stuff is required for the new version only.

chinesekidx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new installer is required if you want to have steelhax running on 11.2 and for that you'll have to use the new installer on a firmware under 11.2 to install it. After that you could update and still have steelhax working. All that /steelhax/ folder stuff is required for the new version only.
So is the save file posted on your github installed with the New installer or the Old installer? I'm on 11.2 and I've been trying to use basehaxx to import the save to get steelhaxx to work. Sometimes it boots up HBL but majority of the time it gives me an error and ends up restarting my console. I'm using the 11.1.0-34 payload for steelhax

Last edited by chinesekidx,

himuradrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As I have said multiple times, the installer doesn't work on 11.2. This is not my fault. Smea just hasn't updated his payload to support paslr titles and since steeldiver was added to that list on 11.2 it won't work. Without a cfw you won't be able to install steelhax on 11.2 unless smea updates his payload in the future.

Holding b won't do anything on the new steelhax version. The old installer will work for firmwares on 11.1 or under. It installs the save which doesn't bypass paslr since it is not needed at those firmware versions. The new installer is required if you want to have steelhax running on 11.2 and for that you'll have to use the new installer on a firmware under 11.2 to install it. After that you could update and still have steelhax working. All that /steelhax/ folder stuff is required for the new version only.

Oh crap. No wonder it wouldn't work on 11.2

Hoping smea updates his payload soon. :(

VegaRoXas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So is the save file posted on your github installed with the New installer or the Old installer? I'm on 11.2 and I've been trying to use basehaxx to import the save to get steelhaxx to work. Sometimes it boots up HBL but majority of the time it gives me an error and ends up restarting my console. I'm using the 11.1.0-34 payload for steelhax
This one are the new savefiles. You won't be able to import the savefiles on 11.2 unless you have a cfw or smea updates his payloads.

VegaRoXas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I managed to import the save file, but is it normal that steelhax is crashing so much? The bootrate is like less than 50%
How did you import it tho? Yeah more or less normal. I have been trying to figure out the reason and I just can't find it. Something inside smea's payload seems to crash. I don't get the reason though. I have checked everything there is, no thread is running in the background no nothing.

chinesekidx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you import it tho? Yeah more or less normal. I have been trying to figure out the reason and I just can't find it. Something inside smea's payload seems to crash. I don't get the reason though. I have checked everything there is, no thread is running in the background no nothing.
I used a friend's ORAS cartridge for basehax to import the save. Do you think maybe the 11.1.0-34 payload is affecting it? What if we used a 11.2.0-35 payload instead? (Not sure if this makes sense, but can't it be obtained through yellow8's HBLloader? On your SD card there's a folder called hbloader and inside of it there's a payload that matches your 3ds's firmware)

Last edited by chinesekidx,

VegaRoXas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I used a friend's ORAS cartridge for basehax to import the save. Do you think maybe the 11.1.0-34 payload is affecting it? What if we used a 11.2.0-35 payload instead? (Not sure if this makes sense, but can't it be obtained through yellow8's HBLloader? On your SD card there's a folder called hbloader and inside of it there's a payload that matches your 3ds's firmware)
What homebrew did you use to import the steeldiver save? That's what I don't get. The 11.1 payload also works for 11.2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far