Homebrew steelhax - A Steeldiver Subwars secondary entrypoint

VegaRoXas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've been having a problem installing steelhax on 11.2 N3DS using soundhax. I'm using smea's hax 2.8 payload, but whenever I open steel divers it just leaves me with a black screen forcing me to force-shutdown the 3ds. The steelhax folder contains the payload.bin, rop.bin and code.bin. Any idea what the problem is?
Other than trying to redownload everything I have no idea.

Startropic1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I rewrote everything. Steelhax is more stable than it has ever been and the installer is working fine too now.

This works now too. There have been three steelhax versions now. The first one without paslr (worked the best), second one with a quick paslr fix (the most up to date right now, literally shit) and the one I have finished now. Users of the second version are going to be able to update to the newest version. Not sure about the first.

Might want to update your readme. It still says it doesn't work with 11.2 ;) (Unless you've posted the new package elsewhere and didn't update the link in the first post of this thread.)

Edit: Tried running the installer through Ninjhax like 4 times (on 11.2) and it keeps yellow-screening.

Last edited by Startropic1,

VegaRoXas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Might want to update your readme. It still says it doesn't work with 11.2 ;) (Unless you've posted the new package elsewhere and didn't update the link in the first post of this thread.)

Edit: Tried running the installer through Ninjhax like 4 times (on 11.2) and it keeps yellow-screening.
Yellow screen means that it failed to take over steeldiver. Have you updated your ninjhax payloads? Also thanks, will update the readme.

Startropic1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yellow screen means that it failed to take over steeldiver. Have you updated your ninjhax payloads? Also thanks, will update the readme.

Well I updated the boot.3dsx for Homebrew Launcher. (ver 1.1.1) Am I supposed to redo the ninjhax QR codes too? Actually the installer doesn't even show the step where I select steeldiver. It just yellow screens.

Edit: Ok, I re-installed Ninjhax with the new firmware version and everything ran smoothly. I now have Steelhax working. :yay3ds: (I really wish the Ninjhax folks would write an updater homebrew so we don't have to scan all those @%$#ing QR codes over again. ;) )

Last edited by Startropic1,
Reactions: VegaRoXas

Gardevoir7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear I've done everything right but everytime I try and launch the game it gives me a black screen then brings me back to the home menu and resets the system. My otherapp bin file is on my root SD card and in the Steelhax folder. I've even tried using ropbin but nothing works. I tried uninstalling the game and it's save data and reinstalling the exploit but that didn't work either. Am I just doing something wrong here?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nevermind I'm a huge idiot. I didn't name the payload.bin correctly. Amateur hour.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nevermind I'm a huge idiot. I didn't name the payload.bin correctly. Amateur hour.

CrazyBlergh

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just updated to make A9LH easier and I'm currently waiting on a bigger sd card in the mail. In the meantime I want to keep using steelhax but after updating to 11.2 it gives me an error message.
What can I do?

VegaRoXas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just updated to make A9LH easier and I'm currently waiting on a bigger sd card in the mail. In the meantime I want to keep using steelhax but after updating to 11.2 it gives me an error message.
What can I do?
Reinstall the exploit with the latest installer. Basically just follow the readme and update everything it mentions.

CrazyBlergh

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I did as you said. Soundhax works fine, I'm still using my 'old' starter kit with other apps added and they work well so far.
As I mentioned in my original post I had steelhax working on 11.0(I think, or was it 11.1?) and using soundhax to update/install the latest version from your original post in this thread it seemed to have work. The installer showed it was succesful.
Now when I try to start Steeldiver it gives me a black screen for a bit and then throws me right back to the home screen with an error message.

VegaRoXas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I did as you said. Soundhax works fine, I'm still using my 'old' starter kit with other apps added and they work well so far.
As I mentioned in my original post I had steelhax working on 11.0(I think, or was it 11.1?) and using soundhax to update/install the latest version from your original post in this thread it seemed to have work. The installer showed it was succesful.
Now when I try to start Steeldiver it gives me a black screen for a bit and then throws me right back to the home screen with an error message.
Have you updated your steelhax folder?

DeathWizard252

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do I use the files? i only have the installers and I have no idea what to do after putting them in the sd card, booting up subwars does nothing except play the game itself.

VegaRoXas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
how do I use the files? i only have the installers and I have no idea what to do after putting them in the sd card, booting up subwars does nothing except play the game itself.
How about you use the installer?
Sorry if this seems mean or anything but... If your on 11.2 just CFW
Well yeah obviously one should use hblauncher_loader

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: