OP
Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
DeadLocked said:
That's actually a really good game concept and story.
And first thing that came to my mind was final fantasy, don't know why.
TAKE MY MONEY I WANT TO PLAY!

Wow... I thought it was a good idea, but I didn't think I'd get this many responses...

Perhaps I should shift my primary focus from Stahl Reich to this steampunk concept for now?

On that note, I think I have ideas for titles, and more on the backstory:

"Lucifer's War". The war is over the mysterious resource, Hellcoal, which burns for what should be an impossible amount of time, and with green flames. Thus scholars coin the term "Lucifer's War", a war for a material that seems to come from from Hell itself.

"Iron Fire". Coal. Steampunk. Primitive steel and iron. 'Nuff said.

"Hellfire". Once again referring to Hellcoal, and it's odd color.

Currently leaning towards "Lucifer's War" for the title....

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't say shift your focus. Just keep doing what you're doing with both when you have the time. I fairly creative myself, so if you just tell a rough idea of what sort of back story you want, I can help you out there. Of course its up to you, GBAtemp is rarely short on ideas for this sort of stuff.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chrisman01 said:
Currently leaning towards "Lucifer's War" for the title....
Sounds good but it doesn't reference the 'steam age' directly or the setting. It could be a bit misleading.
unsure.gif

Some ideas (if you want them), maybe a bit shit:
The steam age
Thousand years war
The steam war
Pressure rising
The coal war *wink wink*
Age of steam
Steam nation(s)

Bit sucky, I know, but they refer to the main scenario of the game, you know. :I

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Lucifer's War seems like the nicest title to me. It seems like something that would have a decent story behind it compared to the other two. I tend to think narrative rather than multiplayer. The steampunk setting you've come up with would lend itself to a nice campaign I think, a bit of explanation of the differences between our world and this one.

A war over HellCoal seems like a plausible idea. It's slow-burning and can produce a lot of energy over a long time. If its a finite resource of that power people would fight over it a lot! Idea: Have Hellcoal as a finite upgrade for weapons that will increase their power and last for several shots as opposed to the normal coal which will need to be replenished constantly. In order to balance the game it would have to be a really rare occurence that you found it since it would last for a while. (V. small pieces of HellCoal perhaps that would last a max of 5 shots?)

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
Lucifer's War seems like the nicest title to me. It seems like something that would have a decent story behind it compared to the other two. I tend to think narrative rather than multiplayer. The steampunk setting you've come up with would lend itself to a nice campaign I think, a bit of explanation of the differences between our world and this one.

A war over HellCoal seems like a plausible idea. It's slow-burning and can produce a lot of energy over a long time. If its a finite resource of that power people would fight over it a lot! Idea: Have Hellcoal as a finite upgrade for weapons that will increase their power and last for several shots as opposed to the normal coal which will need to be replenished constantly. In order to balance the game it would have to be a really rare occurence that you found it since it would last for a while. (V. small pieces of HellCoal perhaps that would last a max of 5 shots?)

Excellent idea! Perhaps the upgrade can be found in randomly spawning crates throughout the map, and they'd be disguied in the scenery. Like in a closet in a house (gotta have destructable enviroments, btw
wink.gif
, or under debris, etc.

For that, I give you an internets.

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Can't have steampunk without trains! I just got a copy of Autodesk Sketchbook, and decided to test it and my old tablet by drawing a train. I found this 2-8-2 K28 and thought it was a good idea... but it got a bit too complicated :/

168043_1689639054266_1636435905_1549400_3627205_n.jpg

God that sucks...
hate2.gif

Sketchbook will take a while to get used to, but it theoretically should be better than trying to scan or take a picture of my pad-and-pencil sketches.

back to weapon designing! Hate to double post, but I didn't want to make a new thread for technically the same topic.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That actually sounds like a good idea.

Sounds like it would definitely be a shooter, but I'm tired how almost every shooter is either:

A) A previous war.
B) Some future alien war.

The names for the weapons are great too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1