• Start date
  • Views 38,242
  • Replies 559
D

Deleted_171835

OP
Crap sales again.
6e5pv.jpg

One more day before the recap sale on the last day. Hopefully, we get something good tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 person

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more day before the recap sale on the last day. Hopefully, we get something good tomorrow.

Starting to lose faith in something great turning up, by Sunday i may get the top 10 in my wanted list then retreat until the winter sales

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Half-Life 2: Episode 2 still hasn't gone on sale :(
Yeah, it has. When Half Life 2 was put up as a flash deal, the entire franchise went on sale. You might as well buy it now since it's $3.99.
damn when was that? i must've been asleep or something :(

was sometime twice this week, came up in a flash and daily sale I think at 75% off. If you got pacients, hold out till Sunday to see if it comes up again, if not buy now, only a few dollars

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Games with drm like this deserve to be pirated. It's shameful.
DRM is not an excuse for piracy. If you don't like the DRM they're using then show your dislike by not buying the title at all. By acquiring it through illegal means you're simply giving them an excuse for blaming piracy instead of the fact that they're treating paying customers as untrustworthy criminals.

If you think Rockstar added DRM like that to Max Payne due to piracy I would have to strongly disagree with you, Do you actually think Rockstar don't know their game gets cracked within an hour of release? If that. They know fine well. The drm they added to Max Payne only effects paying customers, That's fair? They would have added DRM to control the market no matter how many people downloaded their game, The drm doesn't stop piracy one bit. If you treat customers who support you by buying the game they could easily pirate like that, Well I'm afraid they don't deserve said customers. They will add the drm if we pirate it or not, Even if they don't have an excuse. Only way they will ever remove it is if we refuse to buy it and pirate it and prove to them we will no longer take their bullshit.

I'm personally not pirating the game but if someone wants to play it, I really hope for all our sakes they pirate it. If Drm like this continues the PC market is dead to me.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If you think Rockstar added DRM like that to Max Payne due to piracy I would have to strongly disagree with you, Do you actually think Rockstar don't know their game gets cracked within an hour of release? If that. They know fine well. The drm they added to Max Payne only effects paying customers, That's fair? They would have added DRM to control the market no matter how many people downloaded their game, The drm doesn't stop piracy one bit. If you treat customers who support you by buying the game they could easily pirate like that, Well I'm afraid they don't deserve said customers. They will add the drm if we pirate it or not, Even if they don't have an excuse. Only way they will ever remove it is if we refuse to buy it and pirate it and prove to them we will no longer take their bullshit.

I'm personally not pirating the game but if someone wants to play it, I really hope for all our sakes they pirate it. If Drm like this continues the PC market is dead to me.
Considering how much work goes into DRM... bullshit.

DRM does stop some piracy. It stops people who know little about computers from doing obvious things, like trying to copy discs straight-up, or copy install files over to another computer or lend somebody else the disc.

However it's often more hassle than it's worth which is why many companies stopped using it, because the number of problems it causes can often be worse than the small amount of piracy it stops.

LockeCole_101629

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
imo DRM is fine it depends how they protect it, in the old days most of it only require one time online activation which also causing roar because once it's activated and your pc broken, you have to buy new games, are we going to discuss it here?
---

I'm done with orcs must die, sadly... :(

waiting for sequel of it, I love that game, so much fun.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Considering how much work goes into DRM... bullshit.

DRM does stop some piracy. It stops people who know little about computers from doing obvious things, like trying to copy discs straight-up, or copy install files over to another computer or lend somebody else the disc.

However it's often more hassle than it's worth which is why many companies stopped using it, because the number of problems it causes can often be worse than the small amount of piracy it stops.

I was mainly talking about the type of DRM Max payne 3 uses, As steam is infact drm in itself. If you purchase a game on steam there is absolutely no need for that type of DRM ever. That's why it's bullshit.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Btw if anyone bought driver and is having freezing issues every few secs, It's due to ubisofts servers playing up tonight, it's not your pc. Everyone apparently has the same problem including me. Good old drm is at it again! :O

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
What's the current community's choice? It's not available in my region... I'll pirate it if I think it's good xD

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What's the current community's choice? It's not available in my region... I'll pirate it if I think it's good xD

Risen 1 at £3.74 ($5?).

What I've bought in the sale so far...

Jurassic Park
Total War Mega Pack - Sep 2011
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
The Doctor Who Cloned Me Duke nukem
Shoot Many Robots
Sniper Elite Franchise Pack (Summer 2012)
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
The Darkness II Limited Edition Retail UK
Age of Empires III: Complete Collection
ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif
Dead Island: Ryder White DLC
Saints Row: The Third - Money Shot Pack
Saints Row: The Third - FUNTIME! Pack
Warband Napoleonic Wars DLC
The Walking Dead
Legend of Grimrock
Civ V GOTY
L.A. Noire Complete Edition
Ys Origin
Alan Wake American Nightmare
Toy Soldiers
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Kalypso Collection (Summer 2012)
Mafia II DLC Joe's Adventures
Mafia II DLC - Jimmys Vendetta
Mafia II

Strategy First Complete Pack (Summer 2012)
Risen
Driver: San Francisco - Deluxe Edition
Red Faction: Armageddon
Red Faction: Armageddon - Path to War DLC
Nexuiz - Dual Mode DLC
Nexuiz

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Looks like you have done well out of it, although was Jarassic Park any good? heard bad things about it such as being Tell Tales worst effort

I actually haven't tried it yet, It did get bad reviews but I've always been curious to see what the game is like for myself, It was cheap enough for me to decide to ignore the bad reviews and have a go at it, I will probably move onto it after I'm done with The walking dead episode 2.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

Looks like you have done well out of it, although was Jarassic Park any good? heard bad things about it such as being Tell Tales worst effort

I actually haven't tried it yet, It did get bad reviews but I've always been curious to see what the game is like for myself, It was cheap enough for me to decide to ignore the bad reviews and have a go at it, I will probably move onto it after I'm done with The walking dead episode 2.

Honestly? It was a bad game, but it was also the best Jurassic Park game that has ever been released. Take that for what it's worth.

Reactions: 1 person

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bulletstorm, and Oblivion goty, New flash deals.

I enjoyed Bulletstorm I completed it for the first time 2 days ago. It was pretty short though but the melee/gun system really works well imo. It's supposed to run like shit on a lot of systems though, I never had issues.

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
while the latest flash deals have failed to seperate me from my money i will admit that the latest ones have been really good

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too bad Hitler didn't make camps for immigrants oh wait
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Isn't the latest method for slim like self right?
    Like a 1 wire mod?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still two wire with resistor if you don't count the 7 wire pc probes cause hardware likes a good probing
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    2 wires left on motherboard, 7 temp soldered to a flasher, then removed after flashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Technically don't even have to remove it could just keep it on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't really mess with hard mods due to neuro issues
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That you'll only see once +2