• Views 38,240
  • Replies 559

Lokao0

aka LkProd
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What left people frustrated was that there were lots of Something Simulator going on the flash deals almost everytime.
I'm waiting for Arma II on the Flash Deals, but nothing yet. Maybe they won't even put it there? D:

I've been waiting on Arma to show up as well , I actually want it for the base game and not really day z. I'm not really a fan of shooters but I tried the demo the other week and really enjoyed the realism of the missons etc, I have a bad feeling it won't become a daily because of how well it was selling before the sale :S

So true, Arma 2 was always top of the top sellers list before the Steam sales started, so i doubt it will be discounted to a lower price, but you never know.

I haven't got the game myself, but it must have some appeal, i'm guessing it's the multiplayer that is the attraction.

I do know that Arma 2 was selling well before the sale started. However, I think that it makes sense that if you lower the price a little, it will sell even more.
So, I think not lowering the price is a dumb move. I'll still wait. If not on the flash sales I won't buy. There are other good games with great prices anyway;

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
What left people frustrated was that there were lots of Something Simulator going on the flash deals almost everytime.
I'm waiting for Arma II on the Flash Deals, but nothing yet. Maybe they won't even put it there? D:

I've been waiting on Arma to show up as well , I actually want it for the base game and not really day z. I'm not really a fan of shooters but I tried the demo the other week and really enjoyed the realism of the missons etc, I have a bad feeling it won't become a daily because of how well it was selling before the sale :S

So true, Arma 2 was always top of the top sellers list before the Steam sales started, so i doubt it will be discounted to a lower price, but you never know.

I haven't got the game myself, but it must have some appeal, i'm guessing it's the multiplayer that is the attraction.

I do know that Arma 2 was selling well before the sale started. However, I think that it makes sense that if you lower the price a little, it will sell even more.
So, I think not lowering the price is a dumb move. I'll still wait. If not on the flash sales I won't buy. There are other good games with great prices anyway;

You could look at it the other way, if the game is selling so well without the sales, then why lower the price on it during the sales?

I think the game will not be lowered, but i do wish it to be lowered as i would make a purchase too.

Reactions: 1 person

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aint bought anything today besides Dreamfall but some of the sales today have really picked up

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see Max Payne 3 and Portal 2 have been added to the flash sale, while a repeat not a bad sale for people who want them

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i see Max Payne 3 and Portal 2 have been added to the flash sale, while a repeat not a bad sale for people who want them

Max payne 3 has activation limits with no way to reset them. I stayed clear of it because of that. You're not buying max payne 3 you're renting it, that's how I see it.

There is even a bug for it where it asks some users to enter their activation code everytime they boot up the game. Some people with the bug that don't understand how the limits work are hitting their limit/about to.

Games with drm like this deserve to be pirated. It's shameful.

Reactions: 3 people

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Max payne 3 has activation limits with no way to reset them. I stayed clear of it because of that. You're not buying max payne 3 you're renting it, that's how I see it.

There is even a bug for it where it asks some users to enter their activation code everytime they boot up the game. Some people with the bug that don't understand how the limits work are hitting their limit/about to.

wasn't aware of this activation limit bollocks with this so my conscience will sleep well if I download a cracked copy as well in case of my shit getting flipped

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Apparently the generic solution for the out of country errors is to use the link http://store.steampowered.com?cc=. Just replace the part between with your actual country code (us for USA probably). Be aware the actual link doesn't include the , you'll need to remove them. This will override the ip detection. You might want to know for future reference.

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like the walking dead is going back on sale, after 2 people recomending it here and the missus wanting it, it goes in my cart

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
DRM is not an excuse for piracy. If you don't like the DRM they're using then show your dislike by not buying the title at all. By acquiring it through illegal means you're simply giving them an excuse for blaming piracy instead of the fact that they're treating paying customers as untrustworthy criminals.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
DRM is not an excuse for piracy. If you don't like the DRM they're using then show your dislike by not buying the title at all. By acquiring it through illegal means you're simply giving them an excuse for blaming piracy instead of the fact that they're treating paying customers as untrustworthy criminals.
What's the different between not buying it and pirating it? Both ways the company gets no money and only one of the ways you walk out happy. :unsure: Pirating it is only a 'good' thing in this situation.

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the different between not buying it and pirating it? Both ways the company gets no money and only one of the ways you walk out happy. :unsure: Pirating it is only a 'good' thing in this situation.

one gives off the impression that people like the product so more bullshit drm is used to make sure said pirate buys into the next game. method 2 shows the customer wont put up with the bullshit

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Broke down and bought Fallout NV ultimate. My willpower fought the good fight, but in the end I just couldn't NOT buy it for $10.

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Steam pays us now hey?

gallery_105070_1397_602949.png

Reactions: 3 people

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Splinter Cell Conviction is my choice so far today, only 2 more days of these deals left, so i'm hoping they can tempt me again with a bargain.

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't know about anybody else, but the sale seems to have gone a tad crappy come payday. Almost seems like the great repeat today seeing as most the titles have come on either flash deals or community vote at least once. Still i guess Dues Ex will do some people proud

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    +1
    @BigOnYa, yeah most places demand clothes and shoes, unless it's some really back water place that I am unaware of lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, I got lunch money for tomorrow then.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I call uremum alzheimer she forgets to leave
    +1
    Time to start a vape straight nicotine challenge, Darwin be praised!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine if Hitler had vapes, we promise it's not cyanide it'll help you quit nicotine
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please, walk into my patented vape chamber, aka the non smoking area
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so