Hacking Starting again.

Jemlee

OP
Trophies
Website
www.arwingnet.co.cc
XP
Country
Alright in my country (do not look at flag under my profile, it's different), you can send your wii to the store for repairs as well as soft and hard modding for you to run backups.

The thing is recently my wii had a hardware failure and so I had no choice but to send it over.
ph34r.gif

I hate doing this because if they soft mod they do a crap job
hate2.gif

Whoop dee do whaddaya know, I get it back and it's fixed but they soft modded it... Looks like they downgraded me to 3.2 from 4.0 and installed softmii and two extra disk loaders AND downgraded my HBC...

So i get pissed and I try to use aq new hackmii to just overwrite their hbc. For SOME reason it looks like my bootmii is missing AND it won't allow me to reinstall HBC and DVDx.

I want to start from scratch...
closedeyes.gif

Wii's official reformat or nand formatter?
unsure.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i were you, i would first check that all the gamesaves and miis are correct. it sounds like they either made a switcheroo and took your boot2 wii or they officially updated you to 4.2 which removed bootmii.

if this is still your correct wii, just run the hackmii installer to install bootmii again at boot2. then restore a nand dump from before you gave these dudes your wii.

if this is not your wii. go back and kick their asses.

Jemlee

OP
Trophies
Website
www.arwingnet.co.cc
XP
Country
All the saves and thing are correct and I even have a photo of the hardware number at the bottom which is right, the issue is that I do not have a working nand from before because I wasn't into wii hacking as much back then.

So the question still stands....Comex nand formatter or wii official format?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theres stuff that the official update wont touch. if they put cIOscrap or darkcrap on the wii, then youll have to make sure you remove that stuff.

if you decide to use the nand formatter, youll need to make sure you use your correct serial number and crap. otherwise you get the one that is there by default and you will have the same one that 1,000,000 other people too dumb to change it have. you also lose all your miis and saves.

i say your best bet is to not do either. take your time. look and see exactly what is on your nand. and then fix it 1 thing at a time.

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if they used softmii CIOSCORP is probably really old, I say, like giantpune does, use the guide that is stickied, follow it step by step and your wii will probably be back at 4.2 and softmodded, also go back their and tell them to use the guide here
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.