timishu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I recently updated my Wii to 4.0 using Dop-IOS Mod, and of course, PreLoader .29 was remove despite what my signature says. So I tried to play Animal Crossing through disc channel (retail disc), and it asked me to update. So I decided to install IOS38 through Dop-IOS, with all patches available applied. However, I still need to stop the disc update somehow, and I'm not sure which is a better way to do it. Considering I have BootMii as boot2, installing PreLoader .30 would be pointless aside from the Hacks. However, I know that I can apply the same system hacks with StarPatch. Since I can live without Crazy Intro Video, which would be better to use, StarPatch or a new installation of PreLoader .30? I know I have BootMii which provides brick protection, but maybe PreLoader could be helpful as well. But what's the point if I only need hacks? Any help is appreciated.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i'll go for preloader. like you said, startpatch and preloader both patches the system menu with hacks. but preloader has extras. loading HBC and never load the system menu, like on my part. load files that you want like the one you stated: crazy intro. you could load the usb loader that you want automatically. plus the brick recovery that it offers.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zeedds said:
off topic a bit... I use cfg usbloader, how do i use preloader to load it automatically?
1. Hold RESET to boot into Preloader.
2. Click "Load/Install File" and select the CFG USBloader dol file.
3. Go to "Settings" in Preloader.
4. Change "Autoboot" to "Installed File".
5. ???
6. PROFIT!

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zeedds said:
off topic a bit... I use cfg usbloader, how do i use preloader to load it automatically?
i never tried or used cfg loader but installing a file using preloader is just installing the *.dol of the app that you want to autoboot as far as i remember. i did file autoboot installation since the early release of crazy intro. with the dancing lady logo...sort of. now i only autoboot HBC with the latest releases of preloader.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YayMii said:
zeedds said:
1. Hold RESET to boot into Preloader.
2. Click "Load/Install File" and select the CFG USBloader dol file.
3. Go to "Settings" in Preloader.
4. Change "Autoboot" to "Installed File".
5. ???
6. PROFIT!
yeah as simple as this...thanks YayMii for the detailed info.

zeedds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the replies.
I had tried that with what i think was an nfowarder for cfg usbloader , but when i tested it with load it code dumped . so i didnt try installing it and just set preloader to auto boot the hbc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes