Gaming Starfox Adventures 16:9 Widescreen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.Prower

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to enable widescreen mode in Starfox Adventures? Everywhere I look online it says the game supports 16:9 widescreen and progressive scan 480p.

I'm trying to run it in 16:9 mode on my Wii with component cables. I don't think the game is running in widescreen mode though. When I boot the game it asks me if I want to use progressive scan, which I say yes.
The screen flickers, then the input mode on my TV confirms its running in 480p but it says nothing about 16:9. My Wii is set to 16:9 widescreen, and set for 480p so I'm not sure whats going on.

I have tried changing my Wii to 4:3 480i to see if I can notice a difference and I can't really notice any visual difference in aspect ratio, though the change from 480i to 480p and vice versa is noticeable.

I have no standard def TV's to compare it too though... I'm thinking my only option to actually get a comparison to see if its running in widescreen or not is to dig out my gamecube and see if the aspect ratio is the same looking.
I can't really tell if the game is running in actual 16:9 or if its just 4:3 stretched to fill the screen... Is there an option I am missing somewhere? Speaking of which, I can't seem to find an "options" screen ANYWHERE in the entire game...

EDIT: Scratch this entire post, I feel like a complete idiot. I had no idea in all the years I have had this game that you could actually left/right on the main menu for other menus... Can a forum admin please delete this entire thread for me, thank you. XD

Reactions: aphirst
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place