Starfox Adventures 16:9 Widescreen?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by M.Prower, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M.Prower
    OP

M.Prower Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2011
    United States
    Eugene, OR
    Does anyone know how to enable widescreen mode in Starfox Adventures? Everywhere I look online it says the game supports 16:9 widescreen and progressive scan 480p.

I'm trying to run it in 16:9 mode on my Wii with component cables. I don't think the game is running in widescreen mode though. When I boot the game it asks me if I want to use progressive scan, which I say yes.
    The screen flickers, then the input mode on my TV confirms its running in 480p but it says nothing about 16:9. My Wii is set to 16:9 widescreen, and set for 480p so I'm not sure whats going on.

I have tried changing my Wii to 4:3 480i to see if I can notice a difference and I can't really notice any visual difference in aspect ratio, though the change from 480i to 480p and vice versa is noticeable.

I have no standard def TV's to compare it too though... I'm thinking my only option to actually get a comparison to see if its running in widescreen or not is to dig out my gamecube and see if the aspect ratio is the same looking.
    I can't really tell if the game is running in actual 16:9 or if its just 4:3 stretched to fill the screen... Is there an option I am missing somewhere? Speaking of which, I can't seem to find an "options" screen ANYWHERE in the entire game...

EDIT: Scratch this entire post, I feel like a complete idiot. I had no idea in all the years I have had this game that you could actually left/right on the main menu for other menus... Can a forum admin please delete this entire thread for me, thank you. XD

2. Hielkenator

Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    lol! ( sorry just had to! )

3. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    No need to delete it, I'll just close it, in case someone else has the same problem.

Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice