OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I would like to install starfall, but i have system Menu 3.1 and i understand it can only be installed under 3.2.
Is that correct?
If so, which is the best way for me to update (which, believe it or not, i have never needed to do until now) ?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I would like to install starfall, but i have system Menu 3.1 and i understand it can only be installed under 3.2.
Is that correct?
If so, which is the best way for me to update (which, believe it or not, i have never needed to do until now) ?

no you need to be on 3.2, use a disc with 3.2 update on it, mario kart i believe has 3.2 and few others..just update with that or use any region changer application
smile.gif

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Mario Kart has 3.1 - extract the 3.2 SM/IOS36 from wii-system-menu-update-PAL-v290-repad from bushing and use wadmanager to install them.

You'll then be on 3.2e.

Or you could find a game with 3.2e on, seems like too much trouble for me though. =]

falcomainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone send me the files and instructions i require for this, i am on 3.2e and when i get sonic unleashed it will probly give me an update to 3.3v2, anyone plz, thanks

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
it is a simple predecessor takes about two minutes with cios downgrader 1.0 and then starfall installer to have no brick problems , and vole

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
And it is safer still simply to use wadmanager to install the two required WADs.

Virtually 0% chance of killing your wii.

Aceflor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
OK, Thanks. After updating, can something in the installation of starfall itself go wrong, is there anything I really should be careful about ? I just want starfall as a security and hope not to have to use it. Also, is starfall easy to access afterwards? I would rather not, as I do not want my kids to mess up with it, and I certainly do not want my husband to access it since he is not good with such things in general and always ends up pressing the wrong button.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, since again a topic is made...

I ever updated to 3.3Ev1 to test TP hack on it I didn't need trucha yet.

And downgraded with wanki's downgrader to 3.2E. (cios needed)

Can I use starfall on it? (safely without bricking?
tongue.gif
)

Thanks,
Adr990

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
adr990 said:
Well, since again a topic is made...

I ever updated to 3.3Ev1 to test TP hack on it I didn't need trucha yet.

And downgraded with wanki's downgrader to 3.2E. (cios needed)

Can I use starfall on it? (safely without bricking?
tongue.gif
)

Thanks,
Adr990

starfall won't ever cause a brick, it'll either install or it won't, just try it, it supports U and E 3.2

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Aceflor said:
OK, Thanks. After updating, can something in the installation of starfall itself go wrong, is there anything I really should be careful about ? I just want starfall as a security and hope not to have to use it. Also, is starfall easy to access afterwards? I would rather not, as I do not want my kids to mess up with it, and I certainly do not want my husband to access it since he is not good with such things in general and always ends up pressing the wrong button.
Crediar claims it is almost 100% safe - I dunno about that but I've certainly never seen anyone who's wii was killed by it.

Starfall patches your nand, once you have run it you can delete it from your SD card and nobody will ever know about it. if you want to change options just put it back on your SD card and run it again. Your children/husband won't have any access to it.

Aceflor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Great, many many thanks to all and especially both of you djdynamite and quim for taking the time to answer my questions. I'll do the deed this evening (right now there is a big Disney Princesses session going on on the wii, and the beasts that are playing will not let me near it, not that i want to risk my life lol) and report, but i feel much safer now.

Again thank you so much !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill