Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
FRanatic said:
FRanatic said:
I just extacted both wads (ios and sm) from bushing recovery disc and noticed the ios is ios30. I've read a few posts back ios36 was mentioned. Is ios30 the one to use to get from 3.1 to 3.2 ?

Can someone please confirm ?
I am a bit reluctant to use Any Region Changer, since the installation through wads seems safer.

I reccomend Custom IOS Downgrader, ive heard its better (cant say for sure, as Ive never used any region changer) but I know it worked for me

What version are you on and what do you want? (presumably you want 3.2?)

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
eldi said:
Patryc said:
While we are on the subject of starfall.. How many of you guys have down-graded to it? And it it worth it?

I have downgraded to 3.2 and think its worth it, it only takes a few minutes, have used both Waninkoko's and tona's apps - both work OK , found Waninkoko's to be a bit more noob friendly as its not got as many options as any region changer. With Waninkoko's if the download fails its ok just do it again - have not had the download stop on tona's app but would think the same is true.

Once you are on 3.2 with starfall, have a retail copy of zelda and the tp hack save file on your wii you can boot homebrew even when banner bricked and uninstall things like Darknesss said above. I went this route for the exact same reasons mentioned.

Its not totally brick proof but is as safe as you are going to get at the moment. It also stops you having to brick block your foreign region iso's and brings full region free benefits to wii, gc, and vc. The only hack i dont install is the No Main Menu Back Ground Music (BGM), and my fav option is to get rid of that annoying health and safety warning!

Thanks eldi for that information about your experience with down-grading.
Another question:-
Are there any games, at the moment, that can't be played because of the down-grade?

Aceflor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
FRanatic said:
FRanatic said:
I just extacted both wads (ios and sm) from bushing recovery disc and noticed the ios is ios30. I've read a few posts back ios36 was mentioned. Is ios30 the one to use to get from 3.1 to 3.2 ?

I am a bit reluctant to use Any Region Changer, since the installation through wads seems safer.

I used the wad method described by quim and dynamite. The IOS was: IOS30-64-v1040. After installing this with the wad manager, I installed the system menu v290, again with the wad manager. This process updated me from 3.1 to 3.2e.

Then I started starfall and installed the patches I wanted.

It all went quite nicely and without any mishaps, but I talked the whole time to my wii to make sure she was not frightened
wink.gif

Aceflor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Patryc said:
eldi said:
Patryc said:
While we are on the subject of starfall.. How many of you guys have down-graded to it? And it it worth it?

I have downgraded to 3.2 and think its worth it, it only takes a few minutes, have used both Waninkoko's and tona's apps - both work OK , found Waninkoko's to be a bit more noob friendly as its not got as many options as any region changer. With Waninkoko's if the download fails its ok just do it again - have not had the download stop on tona's app but would think the same is true.

Once you are on 3.2 with starfall, have a retail copy of zelda and the tp hack save file on your wii you can boot homebrew even when banner bricked and uninstall things like Darknesss said above. I went this route for the exact same reasons mentioned.

Its not totally brick proof but is as safe as you are going to get at the moment. It also stops you having to brick block your foreign region iso's and brings full region free benefits to wii, gc, and vc. The only hack i dont install is the No Main Menu Back Ground Music (BGM), and my fav option is to get rid of that annoying health and safety warning!

Thanks eldi for that information about your experience with down-grading.
Another question:-
Are there any games, at the moment, that can't be played because of the down-grade?

The only one that still does not work for me is boogie, but I don't feel that I am missing much. Everything else I have works fine, but we are not into shooter or "violent" action games so I did not test any. The most mature game we have is Disaster, Day of crisis, and it works fine. Right now I wish Disney Princesses and Littlest Pet Shop would NOT work, but they do indeed
wacko.gif

rwilts

Trophies
XP
Country
rwilts said:
Going to sound like a noob, but ,

I have searched and read but cannot find definative answers for the following.

I have 3.2 but have used the safe update, does this effect my ability to install starfall?

As this changes somethings within the ios ( as i understand it ) and i have a Cios installed does this matter?

I have 'assumed' that it does not matter as people would not install this if it broke loaders.

To answer my own questions

1. No
2.No

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Aceflor said:
FRanatic said:
FRanatic said:

I used the wad method described by quim and dynamite. The IOS was: IOS30-64-v1040. After installing this with the wad manager, I installed the system menu v290, again with the wad manager. This process updated me from 3.1 to 3.2e.

Then I started starfall and installed the patches I wanted.

It all went quite nicely and without any mishaps, but I talked the whole time to my wii to make sure she was not frightened
wink.gif

Thanks. I'm gonna give it a go and keep my fingers crossed.
And hell, I'll even talk to her. Didn't hurt yours so, must be good for mine too.
wub.gif

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Right. That went really well. From 3.1 to 3.2e by using wadmanager. Installing the system menu took a little while which got me a bit anxious. Not the same rush though when I downgraded my psp for the first time...

But the following makes me feel really stupid. I already am a n00b to the wii, but this emphasises the crap out of it.
I can't seem to get past the warning screen from Starfall. Pressing either B+1 and B+2 doesn't work. The homebutton does work and returns me back to HBC.

What (probably obvious) thing am I missing here ?

Aceflor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Cool down babe, no sweat. The combination B+1 is the one, but (I know, men lose most of their ability to listen very early in age, but I know it is still somewhere inside you..
wink.gif
):
Press both really at the same time, not one after the other. Try many times if necessary. And no, you're not stupid. The wii is a girl and just really really sensitive, so be gentle but firm
tongue.gif

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sweet, got it sorted.
I am now brick protected.
So to get things straight. In case of a brick I do the following:

Insert retail Zelda: Twilight Princess
Boot the wii when holding Y on the gc controller in port 1
Autoboot Zelda in the rescue menu
Execute the hack and boot homebrew of choice (named boot.dol in sd root) to try and fix what went bad.

Is this correct ?

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Aceflor said:
that's also what I understood, but let's hope we won't have to use it.

True, very true. At least until BootMii released this will remain on standby, just in case...
Thanks for your help !

w_n_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Noobie here.

I have a Pal Nintendo Wii on 3.2E .

I have the twilight princess hack installed and also have the retail version of TP.

I have 0.3 Gamma installed including an Autoboot WAD that was released in the download pack on these very forums. I haven't and don't plan on installing any other WADS.

I want to install Starfall as a precautionary measure but I have just 1 possibly stupid question?

There is talk of Gamecube control pads? If and when I get one, where are these plugged into on the Wii ???

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
w_n_s said:
Hi,

Noobie here.

I have a Pal Nintendo Wii on 3.2E .

I have the twilight princess hack installed and also have the retail version of TP.

I have 0.3 Gamma installed including an Autoboot WAD that was released in the download pack on these very forums. I haven't and don't plan on installing any other WADS.

I want to install Starfall as a precautionary measure but I have just 1 possibly stupid question?

There is talk of Gamecube control pads? If and when I get one, where are these plugged into on the Wii ???

LOL... try lifting some panels on the topside of the Wii (when the wii is placed in its stand). You'll find what you are looking for right there.
BTW, didn't your wii come with a manual ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro