OP
Trophies
Website
megagamerz.synthasite.com
XP
Country
United States
im not sure wich 1 should i get? i want the better one,

cast a vote and the resone why preloader or starfall is better.

Preloader : 4

Starfall: 3

btw can some 1 explain the regions to me?
i got a wii in the u.s.a
it says 4.0u on it
i dont know what pal , ntsc-u ,ntsc-j or any otherre regions are can some 1 clear the up for me?
btw if i have different region disk on my wii with preloader installed , will i brick?

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, to start with, preloader is the only one that supports 4.0 right now. Other than that, I never used Starfall, so all I know is preloader, which works great for me

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Preloader. There's no big difference between them ATM, but Preloader is still updated, while Starfall has reached its "final" version. Preloader works with 4.0, too.

tl;dr: Get Preloader.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I don't use preloader because it breaks the rebooter function for the Gecko OS but most users have no resason to use that feature..... Preloader is far safer to use than a permanent patch to the system menu. There is a starfall like tool for 4.0 with a few patches but I would advise Preloader over that option. Besides being the safer option it offers a much larger hack list. Go with preloader unless you for whatever reason have need to debug the system menu with a USB Gecko.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well with preloader it's overall pretty safe I just advise that you stay away from IOS mods and such. That's the most common brick cause.

2yugimoto

OP
Trophies
Website
megagamerz.synthasite.com
XP
Country
United States
i do not know wat an ios mod it and btw can some 1 explain the regions to me?

i got a wii in the u.s.a

it says 4.0u on it

i dont know what pal , ntsc-u ,ntsc-j or any otherre regions are can some 1 clear the up for me?

btw if i have different region disk on my wii with preloader installed , will i brick?

sjeps

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
preloader is way heavier than starfall

if you don't wanna mess up and want to have something easy to use-install-delete use starfall (or starpatch for 4.0)

the mario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Starfall. It's a lot less intrusive (it doesn't replace your system menu), and it's a lot more newb-friendly.

priv8dan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PAL - is the TV output used in Europe
NTSC-U - is the TV output used in North America
NTSC-J - is the TV output used in Japan
Given that you have a Wii from the U.S.A. the region you'd fall under is NTSC-U

As long as you don't install the updates from different region you will not brick your Wii... Just follow the many excellent guides in this forum and you won't have to worry about bricking your Wii.
2yugimoto said:
i do not know wat an ios mod it and btw can some 1 explain the regions to me?

i got a wii in the u.s.a

it says 4.0u on it

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
preloader has better recovery options like the ability to boot into hbc to load your apps if the sys menu corrupts, you can also still boot games with gecko/gamma this way so even with a corrupted system menu your wii remains pretty functional

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
starfall...because those who HAVE bricked in the name of brew KNOW that when preloader fails (AND IT DOES
frown.gif
) starfall can Autoboot the zelda disk when holding Y on the GC pad this allows you to run the twilight hack and hense thie twilight hack lets you run ANY brew you need to get back to par )

so although i USE BOTH atm i know i can count on starrfall preloader OK for PARTIAL BANNER BRICKS.... 2

MrFaust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the Waninkoko 4.0 upgrade following the THIS Ultimate 4.0 upgrade guide. When it came time to do the preloader 0.29 install, all I got was a warning screen. It sat there forever until I ended up turning off the Wii manually. Any ideas? I've downloaded it multiple times to see if by chance it was corrupted when I put it on my SD card. Still no joy yet.

jwcgator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay I have
4.0 Wii
HBC
Cios36 rev9
and an IOS60 with the trucha bug.

I heard that Preloader has problems with the trucha enabled IOS 60s, is this true? Should I install a virgin IOS60 before I install Preloader 0.29?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :( +1