Star Wars Force Unleashed DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by granville, Jun 11, 2008.

Jun 11, 2008

Star Wars Force Unleashed DS by granville at 5:01 PM (1,210 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    The DS is the only "next-gen" system I have as of now. That being the case, I'm watching out for the DS version of SWFU. The only pics I've seen were on the LucasArts SWFU homepage. I ripped them and put them in a PNG so it would be easier to view them. The homepage hates my computer.

[​IMG]

The video shows some footage of the DS version as well. This was taken from a webdoc. Scroll to 1:17 to see it in action:

IGN's preview of the DS version:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/847/847630p1.html

The actions like jumping, force powers, and lightsaber moves are going to be handled by tapping icons on the touch screen. You can create combos by dragging icons together. The D-pad will be used for character movement and shoulder buttons for blocking. There will be options for lefties. Multiplayer deathmatches will be included for up to 4 players. Unfortunately, it's only multi-cart and no online. The DS version is being developed by N-Space who made the DS Call of Duty among other DS games. It will be in full 3D at a reportedly decent frame rate. Based on the console versions, but a totally different game.

Anyone else looking forward to the DS version?

2. Syao4

Member Syao4 GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    Combat system looks pretty bad..I don't think I want to play this game.

3. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    Looks decent, cant' be worse than the last game with that chick in it (forget the name). [-EDIT-] Lethal Alliance!
    I'll try it but will probably focus more on the 360 version which looks EPIC (play the start as Vader woot).

4. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Lethal Alliance was indeed a mediocre game. It had good graphics and some good ideas, but it fell flat somehow. I'm hoping this'll be better. It should be better. I like the control idea.

5. idunnoilikends

Member idunnoilikends GBAtemp Fan

United States
    could be okay.
    [​IMG]

6. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    eww...
    I'm sorry to say that for me this looks (and most likely will play) awfully.
    They should be smarter and try to take the art direction in another way, like pseudo 3D/2D or just 2D, or something like that.

7. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Looks nice.
    I read up on it in a magazine article. Don't think it'll be awesome, but a decent title.
    Really pumped to play it on Xbox 360 or Wii, though - I know they'll rock.

I like that they're making it 3D, but I dislike the fact fighting and Force powers will have to be done by the touchscreen.
    That makes playing so uncomfortable. [​IMG]

8. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    It looks decent. Nice framerate. But I don't like the touchscreen stuff. Just make combo's.

9. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    Lucas Arts said some lame excuse like "Since high-end PC users and non-high-end PC users will have different gaming experience, we won't make a PC version."
    So they're worried about the difference full-option visual and low-option visual would bring, but they're totally okay with the difference between next-gen console visual and DS visual.
    What a way to backstab PC gamer fans, when Star Wars games have deep root in PC.

When is Force Unleashed coming out for mobile phones, anybody know?[/sarcasm]

Anyway, I hope DS/Wii games would stay true to core gameplay than touch screen/Wiimote gimmicks.
    Few years from now, Star Wars game will have voice quick time events like "Say 'I am your father'" when all consoles have high-sensitivity mic built in controllers. (DS mic is kinda meh)

10. Man18

Member Man18 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    totally buying it. Will pick it up for the 360 or ps3 too. (i own a 360, neighbor has a ps3)

11. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
    Dark Forces 2 back in '97 looked better....

12. silent sniper

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    Definately hoping for this to be good.

13. Dylan

Member Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Australia
    will probably download and try but not finish. doesn't look anything special.