SSBX - Classic Games

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Alerek, Feb 5, 2008.

Feb 5, 2008

SSBX - Classic Games by Alerek at 5:56 AM (810 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Alerek
    OP

Member Alerek GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Has anyone checked out the library of classic games that were supposedly included with SSBX? If so, does EarthBound run? ^^

Mother 2, that is.

2. EarthBound

Member EarthBound a/s/l?

United States
  3. Alerek
    OP

United States
    That makes me sad....I love seeing mother in a (in this case) more legitimate form.

Heres hoping the extra month lands us a US release of EB on virtual console.

4. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    The sad part is Nintendo has no reason to not put Earthbound on the US masterpieces list. I'm thinking it's a matter of corporate pride. By putting it on (and later the VC), NOA would likely be shown there is indeed a market for EB. This would be an insult to their reliance on 1995 sales data. What better way than to show you are right by never allowing yourself to be proven wrong?

5. Alerek
    OP

United States
    I feel confident in saying that if EB were to be released on VC, it would outsell its 1995's release in less than a week (assuming it's release wouldn't have to compete with SSBB [​IMG] ) That may sound like a lot, but the market now is significantly larger, and tons of people saying "I want to know what that Ness guy is all about!"

Yeah, Nintendo would need to secure rights to sell it on VC, but the download-only game market is insanely profitable. Do the right thing, Nintendo (As if Reggie is reading this post or something)