Hacking SSBB Working without Dual channels or 15% trick

lombers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
iffy525 said:
Grr...
When I try to open up the iso in trucha signer it says: "Error decrypting data".
Anybody know what's wrong?

Sounds like you either don't have the common keys, or haven't selected "Custom Keyset 1" from within Trucha Signer...

moquette

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wum.talevas.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
great job Prophet !!!

I used it for WUM : i created an update with only the IOS36 and a custom __update.inf to produce a small (4Mo) update partition that can be used with Wii Update Manager, I called it "NO"

This allow many people to use your trick by only clicking 2 buttons (one download, and one replace).

But i can't test it as my Wii is a JAP one. So I am waiting for tester feedback.

If you need some informations on WUM, please visit the website, and specially the develmpent page with the small link on the bottom ("inside the update").

CU

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
iffy525 said:
lombers said:
iffy525 said:
Grr...
When I try to open up the iso in trucha signer it says: "Error decrypting data".

Sounds like you either don't have the common keys, or haven't selected "Custom Keyset 1" from within Trucha Signer...
I selected "Custom Keyset 1", and I replaced the "common key" line with key.bin.
And of course you clicked on the .reg file to write it in your registry ?

iffy525

not famous
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Shuny said:
iffy525 said:
lombers said:
iffy525 said:
Grr...

I selected "Custom Keyset 1", and I replaced the "common key" line with key.bin.
And of course you clicked on the .reg file to write it in your registry ?
Yeah, I remembered to do that right after I posted that post. It works now.
Thanks for the help though.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
moquette said:
great job Prophet !!!

I used it for WUM : i created an update with only the IOS36 and a custom __update.inf to produce a small (4Mo) update partition that can be used with Wii Update Manager, I called it "NO"

This allow many people to use your trick by only clicking 2 buttons (one download, and one replace).

But i can't test it as my Wii is a JAP one. So I am waiting for tester feedback.

If you need some informations on WUM, please visit the website, and specially the develmpent page with the small link on the bottom ("inside the update").

CU

Well done mate. I know very little about WuM, but from what i've read in your post it seems it works independent of trucha signer. So one thing I can't figure out is why wasn't this patch created some time ago since WuM has been out for awhile.
huh.gif
Thanks in advance for clearifying this.

QUOTE(Marticuno @ Mar 3 2008, 02:44 AM) Wow, nice job!

Does this work with the DVD5 release? I got it from piratebay.

The patch only effects the first partition so yes, the DVD5 should work just fine.

moquette

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wum.talevas.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Prophet said:
moquette said:
great job Prophet !!!

CU

Well done mate. I know very little about WuM, but from what i've read in your post it seems it works independent of trucha signer. So one thing I can't figure out is why wasn't this patch created some time ago since WuM has been out for awhile.
huh.gif
Thanks in advance for clearifying this.

because i needed Trucha Signer to remake my custom crypted update partition. Since WiiTools I was able to open all updates partitions to have a look inside and understand them. But WUM only allow to place a existing update partition in any iso game.

Now i used Trucha Signer and your discovery to make a light update partition file that any newbie can use with WUM.

But maybe I made it to small (only the IOS36) and it will not be enough to play the game in any consoles...

I still wait for feedback.

Maybe you can answer these few questions to understand in wich condition you managed to play SSBB with dual channel brick :
- what is your modchip ? which version ?
- about your firmware (before the exploit), what was the version ? did you did the last update by internet (and when aproximatively) ? or by game (and what game) ?

thanks

nicedog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried this, worked like a charm!!!

Wii 3.1u + openwii 2.4
memorex dvd+r dl 8x burned at 2.4x

ssbb iso re-signed, region changed to ntsc

burned using "burn 1.71" (no need to set layer break) on mac os 10.5
http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/

Did the update after popping in the disc, channels remained intact.

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@moquette
To be honest I think your small update partition isn't such a good idea.
I don't know if you read my post on page 4 of this thread concering the IOS
updates. But I think these updates are not cumulative - at least not the ones
till now. If you look at your table of which game contains which update
you see instantly that almost always all older updates are included too.
So I my guess is that if somebody tries to play SSBB with your partition
and he didn't update his console in a long time (no SMG, MP3 and so on)
the game will crash (meaning booting to black screen).

Another thought I had for some days is about two RVL updates on the discs:
The RVL-bc2- and the RVL-mios updates. What contain these updates?
The bc2 update is sometimes "titled" as a channel (not only the text insinde
the __update.inf call it channel also the numerical identifier) and sometimes not...
The same applies to the RVL-mios update.
bc = buy channel and mios = mii something?
Or has mios something to do with IOS?

Rahzadan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Still waiting for an answer to the question below... Thanks!

ghaladream said:
All of this new information in amazing... But I have a question about the BOOT- and IOS- files. Are they identical in JAP, PAL and USA versions? Meaning, are those files the same in let's say the USA & JAP versions of SMG? If they are, then theoretically if I run this update on SSBB-J, then when I get SSBB-USA, it won't ask me for an update?

Can somone confirm if past titles that had updates on them have identical IOS- and BOOT- update files for the same game across different regions?

P.S. I have an NTSC-U Wii.

r0tten1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first off wanted to thank everyone that made this possible, and second I had success with no update/no dual channels on the DVD5. I'm using Wiifree on a US first gen Wii so I want to know if i'm able to use DL discs on my wii for the DVD9 of SSBB USA. Will my drive read them?

woody0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks for the tutorial! i fianlly have SSBB working on a single layer disc (even though it could go on one anyways) but thanks. there is one problem though as i have a v. v. v. small green bar at the top of my screen and the intro video sound skips alot. one time it sworking fine. the next second its off for about 5 seconds

twitchy5090

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just followed the steps burned SSBB (regionfree used USA) on a DL dvd and the update has paused at the VERY end and hasn't moved for about an hour. I was wondering uh what I should do next if I turn the console off. Would it brick my wii. I have work so im going to leave the system on until I get back if any one has an answer I would appreciate it. and Thanks for this awesome tutorial.

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did you patch the __update.inf yourself or did you use the one Prophet provided?
Since you have no choice to do anything else you will have to turn your Wii off...
I don't think it will brick your Wii - this shouldn't be any different as to abort the 15% trick to early...

FoxMcClaud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if you used Prophets inf file it could be bad media! I shared this hack with many people, all had no problems! If you did it yourself, maybe you forgot to clear something. I dont think it should damage your wii, but well of course it's possible!

twitchy5090

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was the inf file prophet put out. I believe it may be bad media the disc did have some scratches on it. well I am at work right now I guess I will turn my wii off when I get home and see what happens. Thanks for your help Ill let you guys know what happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1