Hacking SSBB Texture Swaps

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Kay... I'm watching the video right now, but I've only seen the first 20 seconds. (Downloading a whole bunch of stuff, computer is being uber slow >__>;) Not to be a b!tch, but I don't see anything new or "super mega special saturday secret" about it...?

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Warcueid said:
Kay... I'm watching the video right now, but I've only seen the first 20 seconds. (Downloading a whole bunch of stuff, computer is being uber slow >__>;) Not to be a b!tch, but I don't see anything new or "super mega special saturday secret" about it...?

Keeeep watching my friend

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ahh so glad you liked it
smile.gif
We do it for you
tongue.gif

Just so you guys know, we are juuust about at the 40% mark!

We still have only a few bumps and hitches that prevent us from doing some things (such as Sonic's eyes, which are preventing us from two releases I just KNOW you guys are dying for), but the very friendly talent at SmashBoards has been an invaluable help. Things are looking good!
smile.gif

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Letting you all know that Sunday is officially our day of rest. Well, we actually are still working on Sunday. But we don't plan on posting anything
tongue.gif
If we do, it will be small.

Thanks, yet again, for the support everyone. I hope you enjoyed today's surprise
smile.gif
We already have next week's planned, textured, and imported!

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KalROFL said:
How do you guys go about editing the textures?

First post, "special thanks".

Wish me luck everyone, trying again with Sonic's damned eyes...

...for the two of you who were on when I said ^---that, I got it
tongue.gif
. Special thanks to SaraHarp, all 3 (yes three) Sonic redesigns are done. We are plowing through
tongue.gif

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
I hope you disable online functions on your hack, because people who doesn't have the hack will not play with the same advantages.
And also, what happens when Giga Dry Bowser takes another Smash Ball?

Jokiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You're only repacing the textures of the characters right? You won't be able to add new attacks or something like that? And you won't be able to change the names of the characters? Or the menu or stuff like that?

Nice work on Giga Dry Bowser! I can't describe how impressed I am about this awesome project of yours! Keep it going and don't give up!

anbu41

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokioh243 said:
So, wanna get something clear: For me to play this "hack" thing, I gotta download and burn it on an other rom? You guys won't do it like Ocarina, the cheat thing, in the homebrew channel?

You've got to trucha-sign a legal backup of your Super Smash Bros Brawl disc.

Cryos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jokiz said:
You're only repacing the textures of the characters right? You won't be able to add new attacks or something like that? And you won't be able to change the names of the characters? Or the menu or stuff like that?

Nice work on Giga Dry Bowser! I can't describe how impressed I am about this awesome project of yours! Keep it going and don't give up!

Currently we are only able to change character costumes.

There is absolutely no intention whatsoever of altering model sizes, or modifying attacks in any way.

Edit: We might be able to alter attack graphics, but as Raganook states below, it probably applies the change for all costumes.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pokioh243 said:
So, wanna get something clear: For me to play this "hack" thing, I gotta download and burn it on an other rom? You guys won't do it like Ocarina, the cheat thing, in the homebrew channel?

We are looking into turning the texture codes into Gecko/Ocarina codes. I don't know if this is possible yet or not. We are also looking into a batch file/patching process, but again, we don't know yet. I haven't mentioned it because we don't know exactly how we are going to go about this.

Joey90 said:
So, is the way it stays 'zombified', is that intentional or not?

Either way it's still pretty awesome
smile.gif

100% intentional, we added it as an extra feature. It's very easy to not put in the game if one decides they don't like it (why would you NOT want it?!
tongue.gif
)

QUOTE(Jokiz @ Aug 3 2008, 10:51 AM)

Ok...

1) Yes, only textures. "Menu or stuff like that" is top-secret ~_~

2) No, at the moment we can't change attacks. We can't change the names, because that would screw up the other costumes!

EX: We can't change "Pit" to "Serge", because Pit has THREE characters; Pit, Serge and (#)%&)#(%, so it would then only be correct 1/3 times, which is the same keeping it "Pit".

Thanks a ton
smile.gif

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But it is possible to change the name and picture? I'm not sure if I saw right, but wasn't Cloud's one had a different picture?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum