Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
(This is for Pharrox, since you can't get onto our other post...)

OK, I've done some MASSIVE experimenting with toon link...

*If you correct a toon link file so that it has only 1 palette, and then edit the file as-is (off centered to the left), then it will appear centered in the game, however your palette file is (strangely) generated way too large...WAY too large...

*If you correct a toon link file so that it has only 1 palette, and then paste a correctly-justified file over the off centered one, it is OFF centered in-game.

*If you use a toon link file with multiple palette files, the picture is correctly justified, though there is just no way for the palette to match, and hence the colors are crazy messed up. (UPDATE) I just tried this right now with Toon Link's Iris. The result was a completely screwed up half-transparent half-white iris, instead of bright red

I'm afraid this character is simply not possible until we have greater control over +2 palette files...

Pharrox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keshire said:
I did some work on writing up a file specification for the models if anyone is interested?
Here is the old stuff:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=152427

other information:
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4296...p;postcount=732
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4351...p;postcount=734
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4363...p;postcount=735

I can probably finish this into an actual file spec if someone wants to write the code to use it.

Thanks. Actually there is already a model dumper released. It has a lot of problems but it still is nice progress. Now if only there was a way to reverse the dumped files back into the game.

QUOTE(Raganook @ Jul 31 2008, 04:11 AM) (This is for Pharrox, since you can't get onto our other post...)

OK, I've done some MASSIVE experimenting with toon link...

*If you correct a toon link file so that it has only 1 palette, and then edit the file as-is (off centered to the left), then it will appear centered in the game, however your palette file is (strangely) generated way too large...WAY too large...

*If you correct a toon link file so that it has only 1 palette, and then paste a correctly-justified file over the off centered one, it is OFF centered in-game.

*If you use a toon link file with multiple palette files, the picture is correctly justified, though there is just no way for the palette to match, and hence the colors are crazy messed up. (UPDATE) I just tried this right now with Toon Link's Iris. The result was a completely screwed up half-transparent half-white iris, instead of bright red

I'm afraid this character is simply not possible until we have greater control over +2 palette files...

Thanks. Like I say, I think it's just Opera being stupid. This isn't the first time or website it has done this on. I think it has to do with a bad refresh. Anyway, yeah, I pretty much agree that TL isn't really a character that can be modded based on our current knowledge. I hope to find a way to write brres files eventually, but who knows how long that will take.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are we sure the problem isn't in the way Photoshop saves indexed colors? That sure would explain it.

Example: I just changed a picture to be ENTIRELY one color. Obviously, the palette is therefor a single color, and the texture is just FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

When I look at the palette, however, its filled with 30ish lines of 08080808080808 padding, and then one meaningful line. The thing is, the more colors I add, it just starts eating away at the 0808 padding.

The one "meaningful line", at least I think it is, is "00800080000000090000026000000001". I only think its meaningful because its not 0808080808, and I figure it takes about a line to define a color.

The original palette was only 8 lines long. I have been padding the TOP thusfar though, not the bottom. Perhaps I should try padding the bottom?

Keshire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pharrox said:
Keshire said:
I did some work on writing up a file specification for the models if anyone is interested?

*snip*

I can probably finish this into an actual file spec if someone wants to write the code to use it.

Thanks. Actually there is already a model dumper released. It has a lot of problems but it still is nice progress. Now if only there was a way to reverse the dumped files back into the game.

With the enthusiasm you guys are showing I'd love to help out in some way. I'm decent enough with a hex editor if your interested.

anbu41

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So since this whole deal is soooo close to being like Smash Bros Dojo, I'm just gonna react the same way I did.

I'm guessing characters, that's it.
THESE ARE IN NO WAY, SUGGESTIONS.

I'm guessing FUNKY KONG for DK.
Shadow OR Knuckles for Sonic
Wall-E for R.O.B. (lol)
The Big Boss for Solid Snake
Daisy for Peach

There. Those are my guesses.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Killer Phantom said:
He might do something we don't/won't ever expect.

I'm pretty sure you guys will feel this way about the update next friday
tongue.gif

Anbu, Peach already has a Daisy outfit oO

TODAY'S HINT:

????
*Time to complete the set!

Oath

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Idk, the only guess I have is GC version Toon Link, the others will probably only be different colors with no definite character transformation in mind.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ninjaice15 said:
Idk, the only guess I have is GC version Toon Link, the others will probably only be different colors with no definite character transformation in mind.

We have a lot more character transformations. A lot

Whizz

When things don't go right, go left.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
anbu41 said:
So since this whole deal is soooo close to being like Smash Bros Dojo, I'm just gonna react the same way I did.

I'm guessing characters, that's it.
THESE ARE IN NO WAY, SUGGESTIONS.

I'm guessing FUNKY KONG for DK.
Shadow OR Knuckles for Sonic
Wall-E for R.O.B. (lol)
The Big Boss for Solid Snake
Daisy for Peach

There. Those are my guesses.

That one would be really funny.

Pharrox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raganook said:
Are we sure the problem isn't in the way Photoshop saves indexed colors? That sure would explain it.

Example: I just changed a picture to be ENTIRELY one color. Obviously, the palette is therefor a single color, and the texture is just FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

When I look at the palette, however, its filled with 30ish lines of 08080808080808 padding, and then one meaningful line. The thing is, the more colors I add, it just starts eating away at the 0808 padding.

The one "meaningful line", at least I think it is, is "00800080000000090000026000000001". I only think its meaningful because its not 0808080808, and I figure it takes about a line to define a color.

The original palette was only 8 lines long. I have been padding the TOP thusfar though, not the bottom. Perhaps I should try padding the bottom?

Yeah, that's because 8000 equals 1000000000000000, which stands for an empty color. It needs the exact amount of slots to work and will fill any empty slots with that. I do have a theory though, it's untested, but I think it may stand a chance of working. Also, my request for your modified .pcs files still stands, if you don't mind of course.

QUOTE(Keshire @ Jul 31 2008, 04:52 AM) With the enthusiasm you guys are showing I'd love to help out in some way. I'm decent enough with a hex editor if your interested.

Actually, if you wouldn't mind, could you take a look at the .brres files (and maybe .pac too?). You can find an incomplete specs sheet here. It's mostly figured out, but there are still a few unknowns. The only thing I can add to that is that 0x0E is the number of files in the .brres. If you could figure out the last few things it would really help, especially with the possibility of a .brres creator which could be used to solve problems like the +2 palettes.

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated. It's something I look into when I have the chance, but haven't really made much progress.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pharrox, I'm starting to make headway into "cheating" +2 palettes, but I need to test it further. I'll let you know tonight.

Also, if your theory is something I can test out, let me know.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rashef said:
Awesome work... I'm just curious about one NA. Kirby won't get any redesigned costume ? Whyyy ?
frown.gif

Ah. So certain characters, such as G&W, don't actually contain textures. Instead, they are just a single color. Since they don't have textures, we can't edit them
tongue.gif

I was *told* that Kirby also had no textures, at least for most of his body. If it turns out true, we can't edit him.

rashef

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Poland
Raganook said:
rashef said:
Awesome work... I'm just curious about one NA. Kirby won't get any redesigned costume ? Whyyy ?
frown.gif

Ah. So certain characters, such as G&W, don't actually contain textures. Instead, they are just a single color. Since they don't have textures, we can't edit them
tongue.gif

I was *told* that Kirby also had no textures, at least for most of his body. If it turns out true, we can't edit him.

Waah :/ . I suspected that for G&W's "NA" bit, though Kirby does not look textureless to me. But what do i know ;p.
At least he was fun to play with in original Smash Bros xD (ex. http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=eVG2x_XE1fY )

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rashef said:
frown.gif

Yeah really, they can make someone lame like Yoshi have a cool color, but no black Kirby??? I guess limitations have their downfalls, but everything else looks great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/uc3tthE-mJ8?si=TPR_EM9yWrpcHHy7