SSBB on a Japanese wii - ERROR

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rsyss, Feb 10, 2008.

1. rsyss
    OP

rsyss Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2007
    Brazil
    i got a dvd5 backup of SSBB (SSBX) and i have a japanese wii (3.1j firmware) with original Wiikey

but the game doesn't work, i'm getting the "can't read" error

does someone know how to get the game working on my JPN Wii?

thanks a lot

2. Gokou282

Gokou282 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2007
    Haven't tried the dvd5 version but dvd9 version definitely works on a Jap wii. You'll have to update but you won't get any problems.

3. CausticSaint

CausticSaint Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2007
    Yokohama, Japan
    I agree with Gokou. Get the DL copy and you should be fine. I've got a 3.1J Wii with a 1.9g Wiikey and the DL version runs perfectly. The update installs and then you're ready to play.

4. lucasogs

lucasogs Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2006
    Brazil
    hi!!! i have a japanese wii and im going to put wiikey.... fast question... if i play just japanese backups (NTSC-J)... can i have problems like brick or dual channels!? or this things happens when i use US backups (NTSC-U)?!?! i dont want to use european versions... never...

5. RyuKakashi

RyuKakashi GBAtemp Fan

Mar 18, 2006
    United States
    Yes, if you play the same region as the wii you will never get brick/dual channels.
    You only get brick/dual channels when you UPDATE on another region's game. So if your firmware is higher, playing US games will be fine.

6. lucasogs

lucasogs Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2006
    Brazil
    how can i have sure about my firmware and the update that comes with the game?! u know... to know if its higher or not

7. r1cky

r1cky Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2006
    Always check for the newest updates from the wii setting before you install any updates that comes with any games.