Hacking SSBB has been dumped by Taiwanese

Dnestr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am more of a lurker here...

but why was there even a "we hate wii-key" bandwagon to begin with?

I thought when you decide to mod, you go in knowing things may not be 100% right away or even ever..

Besides, I never remember seeing news that the wii-key team dispanded or abandoned.. I just thought the website was gone and we would get updates on a need to have basis...

People around here like to break out their jump to conclusion mats

Rulza

Trophies
XP
Country
i am more of a lurker here...

but why was there even a "we hate wii-key" bandwagon to begin with?

I thought when you decide to mod, you go in knowing things may not be 100% right away or even ever..

Besides, I never remember seeing news that the wii-key team dispanded or abandoned.. I just thought the website was gone and we would get updates on a need to have basis...
It was because Wiikey was for a long time the only modchip woithout an audiofix and the team took like 4 months or more to release an update.

crappypappy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All I know is, when the next Wiikey update disc comes out... is it too much to ask to NOT have a giant picture of a woman's ass on the setup screen?

Some of us have kids.
tongue.gif

Yeah, that was a little annoying. My wife and kids were in the other room and when the picture came up I was like "sweet crap!" POWER BUTTON POWER BUTTON POWER BUTTON!

Dnestr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

beano311

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need a Dual Layer DVD burner and a Dual Layered DVD disc.

are they hard to find? I mean, other than on teh intarwebs. I assume they cost more too

Expensive, yes, but hard to find? No.
You gotta be careful too... the Wii is shifty at reading backups, one burner (or drive firmware) might work for one person where as it wont work for another, same goes for media (blank DVDs), burning speed, and burning software. Generally, cheaper DVD media doesn't have as high a success rate (although that's not always the case). On top of that, the Wii will have an even harder time reading a Dual Layer backup as the laser has to change focus to read the second layer.
DVD-R DLs (as opposed to DVD+R DLs) tend to work better too.
I have never made a bad copy with Memorex DVD-Rs on my PC (Used to use CompUSA brand cause I could get them dirt cheap from a family member employee, but they were trash), but the copies my dad's made have been hit or miss with his PC.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All I know is, when the next Wiikey update disc comes out... is it too much to ask to NOT have a giant picture of a woman's ass on the setup screen?

Some of us have kids.
tongue.gif

Yeah, that was a little annoying. My wife and kids were in the other room and when the picture came up I was like "sweet crap!" POWER BUTTON POWER BUTTON POWER BUTTON!

That picture WAS my wife! How did they find that picture?!

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so is it safe to say that the iso dump and wiikey update will appear in 24 hours?
No, it might take a week.

Also I'll clarify this on Double Layered DVDs.

You need a burner that supports DVD-/+R DL. Most of them only support DVD+R DL. Remember, there's a BIG difference between DVD-R DL and DVD+R DL. To be sure, just get a Verbatim DVD+R DL, they're the best, when it comes to DL.

CrimsoniteX

Trophies
Website
crims0n.us
XP
Country
United States
You need a burner that supports DVD-DL. Most of them only support DVD+DL. Remember, there's a BIG difference between DVD-DL and DVD+DL. To be sure, just get a Verbatim DVD+DL, they're the best, when it comes to DL.

I'm confused about mine... It says "DVD+R DL", with no pluses or minuses at all.
dry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1